Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login into the portal with user id alone

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi experts,

we are using portal 7.0.14 and here we have a requirement where a user logs into an application which is is another server , now in that application when user clicks on a link it should navigate him to our EP server and he should be able to access the portal roles and apps assigned to him with out prompting for userid and password ,

for this we followed the below link , where we created a custom login module , registered it in the security provider at visual admin and done with other configurations as specified in teh below link but we are stuck at configuring an application to this login module can any one suggest a solution how to create a application either portal application or web application to which this custom login module should be configured .

Create and Configure a Login Module - Using Java - SAP Library

Regards

Govardan Raj S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this blog. It might help.

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/administration-and-development/blog/2013/12/11/single...

This might help.

Regards,

Navya

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi  ,

Thanks for the reply , we are using sap ep 7.01 and the one which you have specified is 7.3 ,actually in singlesignon method  password maynot be required but i guess either certifcation or cookie info should be shared , i have a doubt like  is it possible to have a  custom login module , we can have only user id authentication i.e if user exists in UME allow him to access the portal without password or cookie or certifcation , and second thing is we are not using ldap or ltap ,

our requirement is to have a URL with userid as parameter and if user uses this url he should be able to access the portal applications

Regards

Govardan Raj S

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

i could solve this after going through this link .

Regards

Govardan Raj

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

great news Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you are after SSO (Single sign on)? please search on SDN or SAP marketplace and you will get the configuration docs.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sunil,

we have followed all the links and here we are stuck at part of configuring authentication i.e assinging this customlogin module to a application, i.e we created a webmodule project and created  j2ee ear project to deploy this war file to the server but we are getting exception and error is

Aborted: development component 'UserIdLoginEar'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2015.02.26.19.19.39'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/UserIdLoginEar.. Reason: Exception during generation of components of application sap.com/UserIdLoginEar in container servlet_jsp.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Exception during generation of components of application sap.com/UserIdLoginEar in container servlet_jsp. (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan,

Hope you are doing good.

Nice to hear from you again.

Not sure which version you are using, but try to deploy this with the SDM application-please select "update any version". This will ensure that the .ear contents , all of them are deployed.and we can be sure that the deployments are consistent.
If the issue persists, check the :

default trace

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<nr>/SDM/program/log/sdmtrace.log

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<nr>/SDM/program/log/sdmlogxxxx.log  (the last log)

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi hemanth,

thanks for the reply , now im able to deploy the application we restarted the server and also in the

web-j2ee-engine.xml file we had reference to the jar file but it should be empty and then we were able to deploy the appliction

Regards

Govardan Raj