cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Promote IS Projects, Rules, Connections, and Views to a New Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to move Information Steward Projects, Connections, Rules, Views.. etc from Server A to B.

Using Promotion Management in Server A promoted projects, Views, and Connections as a lcmbiar file and imported to Server B. I expected to see everything in Server B Information Steward but nothing is there. Did I miss something or is my approach wrong ? Please help me.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Julie Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

In the source environment use the IS export functionality within Data Insight to export each project in turn (an exported project includes tables, views, file formats, rules, rule bindings, tasks and key data domains).  This creates a .zip file with the project contents.  If you have defined any custom attributes and used these in your rules you will need to export these separately.  The export functionality is accessed via the icon to the right of the Workspace/Scorecard toggle.

In the target environment you will need to manually create the required projects and connections (using the CMC).  You can then use IS to import the export files into the created projects, specifying how to map the connections.  Note that if you have custom attribute definitions you must import these before you import the project content.  The import functionality is accessed by the icon to the right of the export icon.

Regards

Nigel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a similar question, I did export a project , but when I try import I’m getting an error

Unable to import the ZIP file(DPR-10201)

Regards!

Agata