Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material staging for components assigned to operation

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement from my client side. My client has 2 plants, one of them is WM managed. The requirement is that material staging of BOM materials should take place when operation is confirmed. Only those materials should be staged which are assigned to the particular operation.

This has to done for both plants (WM managed and non WM managed). Please give some light, on this topic.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajib

Assuming you have assigned components to operations in routing

As explained by Mariano, you cannot post confirmation of goods issue before material staging. Material staging is a process of transferring material from a control store or warehouse to the shop floor near the production work centre or machine. You cannot complete the production activity without the material required.

For non WM plant

Now if you want to transfer material (stage) as per operation you can use pull list function MF60 with production order and work centre combination to generate a pull list and stage material.

For WM managed

You need to setup WM material staging process as per the below document Material Staging - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

in LP10  transaction you can create pull list for each operation. You might need help from from your WM consultant to set it.

Also if you want to perform goods issue 261 operation wise you can use CO11n and post confirmation operation wise, it will post goods issue only for the particular operation.

Regards

Abhishek

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek/ Mariano,

My client does not use MF60. They use process manufacturing. If I use MF60 also, then that will be a manual step before I start the confirmation. Which is not the requirement. I want to confirm operation with CO11N and while confirming each operation, the components assigned to each operation should be staged and issue at the same time.

One more thing, I have not used MF60 before but i do see in main screen 'Production/Process Orders'

there is a field for 'Work center' and 'Prodn Supply Area'. If i maintain Prodn Supply Area in work center then execute MF60 against PO and Workcenter/PSA will do the trick? I can use an exit and call it at the time of operation confirmation.

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case can use CO11N and enter the backflush indicator for your components. Then at the time you make the confirmation with CO11N, enter the components and corresponing quantities consumed in the production process (materials movements tab).

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer but it does not clear how the staging will happen. Please try to clarify the above question 'there is a field for 'Work center' and 'Prodn Supply Area'. If i maintain Prodn Supply Area in work center then execute MF60 against PO and Workcenter/PSA will do the trick? I can use an exit and call it at the time of operation confirmation.' Or suggest any other way you are aware of.

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not answer that question, becuase you should not use MF60 in discrete manufacturing when you have WM.

This is what SAP said in the help:

The choice of the selection type influences which types of WM material staging are supported in the pull list. However, the pick parts can be staged via RS headers/planned orders but not with the current BOM explosion. The release order parts, on the other hand, can also be staged if the current BOM is used for calculating the dependent requirements.

WM material staging via production orders is not possible from the pull list.

Ref.: Material Staging for Repetitive Manufacturing - Warehouse Management Guide - SAP Library

Anyway, suppose you are not using WM. In that case, it is correct what you said. The Pr.Supply Area could be assigned in the work center. This will be used at the time the production order is created and will determine which is the production storage location. Then by using the Pull List you can move the inventory from the main warehouse to the production storage location.

Please check this article:

Kind Regards,

Mariano

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The material staging is the movement of component from the warehouse to the production storage location. This guaranty that you have all the components needed for the production process.

So how can you make the material staging at the time the order is confirmed.. note that to be able to confirm the order you need first to do the material staging to start the process.

I suppose what you want is to consume the components at the time you make the confirmation, without doing the material staging.. you could do the GI directly in MIGO against the process or production order (MT 261). This can be done after the confirmation. To restrict the MIGO you can maybe implement a BAdI.

Kind Regards,

Mariano