cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of action from function SOD ruleset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As asked by Business I have removed some tcodes from few functions in SOD ruleset  and inserted few tcodes in Development system. Generated the ruleset , captured the change in Transport and imported to Quality system . I see changes for removal of actions are not in effect where as insert changes came to effect in Quality .

How can I make the deletion change in Quality and production . Its urgent . !!!

Thank you in advance

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor

Dear Ranjan,

first of all "it's urgent" is not the problem of this community. Everyone participating here does that voluntary and hence no need to push us.

Transportation of the generated rules alone does not work. You need also to transport the rule set (download from Dev and Upload in Quality).

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for your quick reply . I understand your point but issue is urgent for me.

"download from Dev and Upload in Quality" If I DL & UL  complete SOD from Dev to Qua seems TR is not required at all.  I am not sure , please correct me.

And also how can we move this to production? Is it the same way DL from Dev & UL in Prd?

Thank you

Ranjan

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranjan,

that's correct - transport is not required. You can manually download the data to Excel and upload directly in the Quality system.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alesandro,

Good Day!

We have done the deletion of tcodes in target system through transport following the below steps.

1- Create transport in Source system.

2- Capture original SOD ruleset in TR

3- Delete the action/permission from SOD ruleset

4- Generate ruleset

5- Import the TR to target.

6- Generate the ruleset

This process is similar to role deletion method.

This works . Thank you very much for your effort.

Thank you

Ranjan

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjan,

great- please close this thread and mark helpful/correct answers.

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

That's correct - Rule sets can be downloaded and upload to the QA directly with out a transport request.

Please follow the below steps.

SPRO->IMG->GRC->AC->ARA->SOD rules-> Download

Create a text file on the local system for each of the below options and download.

• Business Process
    • Function
    • Function and Business Process relationship
    • Function Action
    • Function Permissions
    • Rule Set, Risk
    • Risk Description
    • Risk and Rule Set relationship

While uploading the rule set in QA. Browse the files which were created and loaded with ruleset data and upload.

Regards,

Chandra