Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting additional filter value results in timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Folks,

hopefully someone can help me out with that:

I got a problem adding an additional filter value in BEx Analyzer workbook, the workbook already got 155 filter values before we migrated it from 3.5 to 7.x.

After migration, which worked good, we wanted to add two more filter values (number 156 und 157) but this is not working. Analyzer runs into timeout after several minutes.

Does anyone have an idea why this occurs? It is not a general problem, as well as it has nothing to do with the filter values themselves (two ordinary customers).

BR

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernhard, Swati,

thank your for your ideas.

We solved the problem by updating our backend to newest patch level and everything works well now.

BR

Andreas

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

please run a SQL trace on your query. which might give you an idea as to where exactly the system is taking time.

also, check if lots of your filters run on exclusion. as exclusions take lot of time as they are not considered in aggregates.

check if your Info-providers have appropriate indexing, aggregation and partitions to support the filter parameters.

Hope this helps.

-swati.

BernhardE
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I suggest you first start to check where the workbook is hanging while running into the timeout.
You can best check this via transaction SM66 or SM50 while the workbook execution is actually running.

If it turns out the the workbook is hanging on database side while executing an SQL-Statement then it is likely that you run into some database problem (bad execution plan generated for the given SQL-Statement). In this case you should patch and tune your database instance.

If it turns out the the workbook is hanging a lot of time in some specific ABAP coding then you could start with directly debug into this coding and search for coding corrections in this area.

BR Bernhard