cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MS BPC V10 implementation - migrate user rights, reports, etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new on BPC but had have already been involved on some other SAP implementations such as BO.

We are trying to move our BPC V10 Microsoft infrastructure from the Partner (who is supporting it) Domain Controller to ours. We decided to start from a new implementation of the BPC server then migrate the environment/models and files thanks to the server manager.

The current BPC is using IPS (with LDAP authentication) as a console management to create users then import them in BPC admin. We would like to simply configure our new BPC implementation with AD authentication straight in BPC without using IPS.

My question is:

• Do you think it will be safe to do it that way?
  • Do you think there could be an issue regarding the user ownership of reports, user right configuration, etc?

Please any advise would be very helpful.

And Thank in advance,

Jawad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jawad,

I don't know IPS but I can give you some answer about BPC.

" regarding the user ownership of reports" BPC give you just the possibility to create bpf or custom menu where you can put links for specific reports but a smart user can open a report directly from menu "open dynamic template" and execute it.

You can give rights through security e.g. giving to one user the access only for one or some entities, or limiting other dimensions so even if he's able to open a reports not present in his bpf he cannot run it for oter entities or dimension values different from his security rights.

For packages you can insert some specific package in the team folder in this case only member of the team are able to see and execute this package.

Putting packages in company will give the possibility to all the teams/users that have the rights to execute packages to see and launch every package.

There is only a limit for the security, you cannot combine different dimension values to have specific rights, e.g. if you give rights for entity "A" and category "X", and also for Entity "B" and category "Y" you will not give the possibility to write only in category "X" when the user set entity "A", etc. but he will be able to use indiferently both categories and entities.

Regards

Roberto