cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not repeat serial number in equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , how i can restrict multiple equipment records with the same serial number or with same inventory number? it's posible only with custom program?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If, by Serial number you mean Equipment number, same number more than once is never possible. System automatically restricts that. If you are talking about material related Serial number, here too Equipment i.e Material + Same serial number is never possible. What is the issue actually? Explain by giving examples

One important point is, please avoid addressing to specific person in the initial post. What happens is, other experts hesitate to participate and your query might remain unanswered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The specific case is the next, we have only controled ETM equipments, and the serial number (SERGE field) as inventory number (INVNR field) are stored in EQUI table. The trouble is that  inventory number stored the old system equipment number, by uncontrol  currently we have repeated values in the two fileds refered. The question is if by customizing we can retrict for those fields.

Thanks and considers your recommendation on upcoming consultations.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Iván ,

I doubt about the possibility of customization, even these fields are new to me (We never used). But I can understand the issue and feel that a check can be incorporated in the user exit IEQM0003, which would prevent Equipment master from saving in case these numbers repeat. You need to explain your conditions to your technical person, who will do this job.

I now request other friends to participate to help Iván.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jogeswara!

I send this requeriment to software factory, with the suggestion of use this user exit.

Regards.