cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while Setup Xcode project with ArcGIS framework and SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am building a new iOS Agentry client to integrate GIS ESRI support. I am following documentation SAP® EAM and service mobile app SDK Installation Guide" version 1.0. When I build/Run for iOSSimulator, I am getting a link problem and Location page in Agentry client remains blank.  [ Android client is working and displays a map ]

Problem description:

The Agentry client will start on the iOSSimulator and download Workorders but if I navigate to the Location tab I have an empty page.

I have also the following warning during the build:

ld: warning: ignoring file
../../../iOS/Samples/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup/GIS.framework/GIS, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0x58 0x53 0x79 0x6D 0x0A 0x30 0x30 0x32 0x30
0x0A 0x62 0x64 0x39 0x65 0x63 0x31 ) which is not the architecture being linked (i386): ../../../iOS/Samples/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup/GIS.framework/GIS

ld: warning: ignoring file
../../../iOS/Samples/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup/Common.framework/Common, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0x58 0x53 0x79 0x6D 0x0A 0x30 0x30
0x32 0x33 0x0A 0x37 0x63 0x36 0x33 0x39 0x32 ) which is not the architecture being linked (i386): ../../../iOS/Samples/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup/Common.framework/Common

Code Levels:

Xcode 5.1.1

Agentry SDK => SMPAgentryClientFramework-iOS-70.5.1.0.tgz

Mobile Apps Open UI SDK 1.0 => 51048778_5.zip

ESRI SDK AGSRuntimeSDKiOSv10.2.2.pkg  ( 10.2.3 no more available on ESRI)

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The blank screen indicates that the Agentry client was not able to find / load the OPen UI GIS control.  As you indicated there is a problem in the linking and it is not picking up the GIS libraries as expected.

Also, did you fix the Mobile Apps Open UI SDK 1.0 extract to fix the symlinks?  There is a known issue with the packaging of that version that needs to be corrected to be able to build under iOS.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

No, I did not fix the symlinks issue. Where can I get more info on this issue.

I am currently using this version of Mobile Apps Open UI SDK 1.0 => 51048778_5.zip

regards.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dider,

The root cause is that when the SDK was packaged the symlinks in the frameworks directories did not get packaged as links.  You will need to re-create the symlinks and that should resolve the build warnings and allow it to successfully build.

Specifically the following links need to be fixed

1. From the MobileAppsSDK/Common/Common.framework/Versions directory execute the following:
    1. rm Current
    2. ln -s 1.0 Current
  2. From the MobileAppsSDK/Common/Common.framework directory execute the following:
    1. rm Common
    2. ln -s Versions/Current/Common Common
  3. From the MobileAppsSDK/GIS/GIS.framework/Versions directory execute the following:
    1. rm Current
    2. ln -s 1.0 Current
  4. From the MobileAppsSDK/GIS/GIS.framework directory execute the following:
    1. rm GIS
    2. ln -s Versions/Current/GIS GIS

This is also a problem with VisualEnterprise.framework as well so repeat the same process for that as well if you are trying to also build in the VE support.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. It is working now.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dider,

i know this error from xCode too and the reason could be manifold.

Your framework looks be build for a diffrent architecture than your target.

Look at this link for more informations: iphone - file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386) - Stack Overfl...

Maybe i could help.

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your help. I agree with your analysis. When I try to run on my iPhone 5S device I get also an error:

ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../iOS/Samples/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup/GIS.framework/GIS, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0x58 0x53 0x79 0x6D 0x0A 0x30 0x30 0x32 0x30 0x0A 0x62 0x64 0x39 0x65 0x63 0x31 ) which is not the architecture being linked (armv7): ../../../iOS/Samples/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup/GIS.framework/GIS

I could understand that the GIS.framework could not run on the iOS Simulator but it should run on the real iPhone device.

It looks like Xcode does not recognized the architectures supported by the GIS.framework or Common.framework because linker says 

unsupported file format ( 0x58 0x53 0x79 0x6D 0x0A 0x30 0x30 0x32 0x30

0x0A 0x62 0x64 0x39 0x65 0x63 0x31 )

This hexa string is similar to the content of the Headers file the GIS.framework => XSym 0024

Is it normal that Xcode shows GIS.framework like this:

I have followed the documentation to install GIS.framework:

a. Drag and drop this GIS.framework folder into your XCode project. This will get added as a framework.

b. You need to add the Resources folder separately.

Regards.