Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm really liking this ABAP in Eclipse!

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just want to say, "Great job, guys/gals!", to those working on ABAP in Eclipse.  Early on I tried AIE and found it hard to install, a bit odd and pieced together.  But recently I decided to give it another go on Luna.  It is finally coming to fruition and I am starting to see and reap the benefits of this new editor!  Still a lot of work to be done to migrate all the SE80 functionality, but you are on the right track!

Thanks!

Kenneth

3 REPLIES 3

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

thanks so much for your support. Next on our agenda is the Data Dictionary. We are working on native eclipse editors for tables, structures, data elements etc. I'm sure you missed it already in Eclipse 🙂

Regards,

Thomas. 

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

it would be good if new functionalities could work not only with new SP but also with old ones. Maybe after some note implementation. As this is pain when you're using eclipse but you cannot use everithing which it provides because of your server SP.

Regards

Łukasz

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

I know this painpoint. From my perspective as a product owner it would be nice to have all feature availables for all customers on every release. But on the other hand we got also some complaints from customers about the stability of SPs. Therefore we decided not to rollout features via SAP notes. The dependencies between pure fixes and feature notes is unmanageable after a few SPs.

Sorry for that.

Kind Regards,

Thomas.