cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error starting Streamingstudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I started streaming studio I get an error.

An error has occurred. See the log file

C:\Users\xxxx\My Documents\SybaseESP5.1\workspace\.metadata\.log

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This would appear to be the key information in the log file:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2015-02-26 11:42:02.801

!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

Has the issue persisted, or has it been resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Occasionally it happens, and it has been happening since ESP began.  There was a trick, a line to put in a file to flush things so that it doesn't happen, but I don't remember what that was.

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I think the "trick" you were referring to is to add the -clean option to the studio ini file. The -clean option is now part of the installed ini file.

Is the Studio you are using a new installation of Studio that is using workspaces/projects from a previous installation of Studio? Sometimes this is the cause of what you are experiencing.

You might want to move the workspaces/projects away and then import the ones you need, like so:

1 - exit from the Studio application

2 - rename your C:\Users\xxxx\My Documents\SybaseESP5.1\workspace directory to something like C:\Users\xxxx\My Documents\SybaseESP5.1\workspace-bak

3 - open Studio - this will cause a brand new workspace directory to be created

4 - import your project(s) into the (new) workspace from the old workspace-bak directory - instructions for how to do this are here: Importing Multiple Projects - SAP Event Stream Processor: Studio Users Guide - SAP Library

Thanks,

Alice