cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital Based Costs Accruals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have came accross an issue with calculating accruals. The client wants to calculate the fees accurals over the pending capital of the product.

For example:

PeriodLoanRepaymentFeesFees accrualCalculation
1500 (initial)10010033,33100*500/1500
240010026,67100*400/1500
330010020,00100*300/1500
420010013,33100*200/1500
51001006,67100*100/1500
Total1500100

Do you see any straightforward solution for this case? Is there any BAPI to be used for calculating accruals programmatically?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Oleg.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found some bits of information on the CL_IM_TPM_AD_SPAIN, CL_IM_TPM_AD classes that seem like thay I can use the CHANGE_CALCULATION_BASIS, MODIFY_ACCRUED_AMOUNT methods to solve the issue but I'm not sure if they are what I need.

Have anyone dealt with them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

Is your fees related flow relevant for Accrual ? If yes, then you can also look BADi TPM_AD.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. It seems that it may be a correct BADi. Will inform you if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HHi Oleg,

you can check the Amortization process in TRM. By your example, i can suggest to use LAC method to amortize the fees linearly over the period of the loan. you need to assign relevant amortization step in your PMP. way of doing this :

1. Check option discount/premium in transaction type settings. This will open a field called payment amount in ftr_create. The difference between payment and nominal amount will be considered as fees and will be amortized.

RRegards,

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

We have revised your solution and it doesn't seem to be adequate. But thank you anyway.

What we need is to distribute the fees in a non-linear way. Ultimately I tend to think that there should be an ABAP way to implement the ammortization method, some BADi or a user-exit.

Kind regards,

Oleg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

In that case, Can you also check SAC method (Scientific Amortization method). This amortizes the flow by Calculating IRR and discounting factor. Note 864857 gives details on how its calculated.

Nevertheless, , you can check BADi: TPM_TRL_MANIPULATE or TPM_AMORTIZATION_CAL in TPM1

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I'll check on both solutions and will inform you on the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts?

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Oleg,

I don't know if you can use standard TRM accrual instrument, but you can develp you custom programm to take data from TRM and put it in Manual Accruals, for example.

Read documentation about Accruals Dropbox - Accrual Engine.ppt.

Maybe it can help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Grigoriy,

Thank you for your answer. Actually, we are trying to do in within the TRM module. 

We would like not to use the FI Accruals. Maybe some Badi or a user-exit solution be suitable.

Kind regards,

Oleg.