cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the ESS Personal details fields via SPRO configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to add and hide some fields in the HCM ESS personal details, family screens. For eg, adding the 'Smoker' status field in Spouse page page, hiding the same in Child page etc. Also for some other fields the config differs based on country.

As I am technical person, I have made the changes through FPM component configuration, Form UIBB schema.

But the process teams asked me to check the feasilibity of acheiving the same via SPRO configuration. I am not familiar with SPRO configuration for ESS.

Can we congigure that via SPRO? If it is possible give me the correct path and details.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you have to add new fields and show subtype specific screens etc, it has to be done from FPM Component config etc. You are using the right approach..

From the spro config, you can try to make fields mandatory, optional etc some thing like that only.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

refer here first http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/06/13/summary-of-configuration-... I agree, SPRO config wont be sufficient, Well i do understand, many customers dont want to change the code for customisation, and look for SPRO, which is best practice 🙂

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added a field in Infotype 77 which is reflecting in the T-code PA30 but not in the portal. Please please let me know how to implement FPM component configuration, Form UIBB schema as I'm new.

Please do the needful as I'm a little desperate.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have resolved it by  code addition in the GET_DATA method of feeder class of the corresponding pages. I am closing the thread.

Thank you Yugandhar and Siddharth for the helpful answers.