Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT with MDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Is SLT working with MDC?

If it is, how does SLT connect to the each tenant DB for data replication where there is one system DB?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes sure, SLT supports this with SP08. The different tenants are speficied via the port number. When you define a new config you have to specify the port that belongs to the wanted tenant.

Best, Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response Tobias

My current customer installed the latest SLT and when they configured, they see typical DB connection parameters as below. I guess it is because the HANA DB is single DB, not MDC?

With that, if HANA DB is MDC, the connection parameter window will be different from single DB so it will also ask about the port number of each tenant DB?

Is there documentation on how to configure SLT in MDC environment?

So far, I have not seen any yet.

Thanks

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

no, the UI will be the same. I was wrong, I wrote about the port, but it is the host name. Every DB has an own hostname. If you want to connect to the first tenant, insert the host name of the first tenant. If you want to connect to the second tenant, insert the host name of the second tenant.

Best, Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

Under MDC without scale out, there is only one hostname.

How do you distinguish the tenant DB from SLT perspective if SLT requires the hostname and instance number of HANA DB whereas there is only one System DB and one instance number in MDC?

Each tenant DB will not have instance number but port number. Below information is from the HANA administration guide.

The following is the syntax to create a tenant DB mentioned in the HANA administration guide. It does not have instance number but port number.

I think the lastest SWPM recognizes tenant DB with HANA DB info (SID, hostname, instance number) as well as the DB name of the tenant DB based on the information from the link below.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/software-logistics/blog/2015/01/08/hana-mdc-using-mul...

I found out the following slide from one of the presentation documents about MDC.

Basically, there are two ways for applications to connect to tenant DB. One is using the SQL port number and the other one is to use the tenant DB name. If current SLT supports MDC with a single host, what should I enter in the LTR screen to connect to each tenant DB?

Please advise.

Thans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

The following is the entry in the DBCO transaction in SLT after the configuration was created.

It uses the index server port number to connect to the HANA DB.

The following is the overview from the tenant DB which was just created.

As shown in the screen shot below, the port number of the index server for the tenant DB is 3<instance number>40 rather than 3<instance number>15.

Hence, I believe there should be a way in LTR screen to recognize the tenant DB from the SLT perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

I found a SAP note which address the concern I have.

The note is 2101084.

Right now, it is manual but I am hoping that it will be in LTR transaction to support MDC.

Thanks a lot.

Answers (0)