Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP on IPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement and want to gather some information to see if it's feasible.

We have custom screen program for verifying barcodes. Our warehouse people execute this program on IPad. I want to know if there is any class to take a picture of box label with the ipad and link it to the material.

Is this even possible?

Thanks,

vl180404.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member191434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to develop solution on . Please go through this link you will find your answer.

Regards

Saifur Rahaman

0 Kudos

Hello Saifur,

Have you done something like this? Do you have an example code I can look at?

Thanks for your help.

gubp
Participant
0 Kudos

<<We have custom screen program for verifying barcodes.>>

You already have a Native App for iOs (using Xcode) to do so, right?

Do you want to extend this App and scan the barcode with iPad camera?

So you are in the wrong place... Not ABAP development, check the Saifur Rahaman linkabove on SAP for Mobile .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am new to this functionality, I have not done SAP Mobile or Activex.

We are running SAP on IPad. We use custom program to perform Goods Receiving. This program allows users to scan the boxes and enter details for GR.

In addition to this, they want to take picture of the box while still in custom transaction. Make be a button which says "Take Picture" on the screen of my custom program. and then attach the image on material master like GOS attachment..

Thank You.

0 Kudos

How are you running SAP on iPad? Probably ITS Mobile or SapConsole.

None of these platforms will allow you to direct access iPad camera...

So, short answer: No, it is NOT possible.

0 Kudos

But even developing an application for that, the camera on iPad is not mean for that (read barcodes), so it is not precise...

We developed a native App for a customer using a Barcode reader device attached to an iPod.