Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used "Offline Dashboard Support"

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

Have any one of you used the offline dashboard support feature in Dashboards 4.1?

Can you tell me how did you set up the connectors? Is there anything to configure other than checking the box called Allow Dashboard support in File > Document Property?

I created a dashboard connected to ,unx universe via query browser. Then I exported to SWF and placed it outside the server.

But when I opened the swf it gave me an error - "Could not log in to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise -"

Usage option is set to "Usage Before Components are Loaded".

I also need to create an offline dashboard connected via QaaWS connector but connecting to WebI report with BIWS. Is this possible?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Runali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Offline support in dashboard means during run-time, the user can save a current snapshot as swf file to local system. No live data connectivity will be there in that snapshot.

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit

Thanks for your reply. So is it same as saving local scenario?

I am little confused here. I thought the idea of offline dashboard was it can be delivered to a location/email and onced emailed the dashboard does not need any connectivity back to the server.

Are you saying the below property does not provide any more than saving a local scenario which you could do before using a button with the same name.

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any idea any one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Runali,

Saving dashboard offline gives you a local copy of dashboard in a SWF format. Once exported to local disk, it does not require a data connectivity.

I wanted to try this myself but due to time constraint, I kept it postponing till the date.

I have created document. Have a look at it and let me know if it helps you.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's helful Tejas.

Thanks

Runali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if this function works also on mobile and how?

In this thread I read the compatibily in mobile mode "like the desktop version" for QAAWS connection.