cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto Create a Calculated Difference Column

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a condition for an infocube I need to monitor for. If we see less than 3 million records being loaded or the exact number of records being loaded into the cube each day it indicates a problem. I'm fairly new to query designer but I figured out how to check for a threshold of records. What I don't know how to do is create a calculated column that lets me check to make sure the difference between each of the days does not equal zero. When I bring up the calculated figure tool it doesn't allow me to do a calculation on the different days. I can only select it as a single column.

Also I was curious about how to get an automated alert by email if this is out of threshold.

Here is the query in the designer tool.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214274
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Right click on your key figure

Select new selection

In the pop up that appears-Give a desc- e.g. Todays records

In the details-drag your key figure 0TCTENDRECS and drag standard SAP exit variable-current calday

Save this selection.

Similarly, define one more selection as Yesterday records using customer exit - current day-1

Now, define a formula-give as (todays records-yesterdays records)

For emails-Define exception in your report on your formula as Alert level -critical1-value 0

Then in BEx broadcaster-Create new setting with distribution type as "Broadcast according to Exceptions"

Thanks,

Akanksha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

What are the columns you are going to subtract? Is it the current day vs previous day?

For example:

feb 25 - feb 24......then feb 24 - feb 23......

Is this right?

What output do you want as FINAL report?

Regards,

Loed