Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a factory calendar

pm_consultants
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can i close a factory calendar on a certain dates?

Pleasa help.

Thanks.

Tomasz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

pm_consultants
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all your reply. May I know what MRP elements I should consider when changing factory calendars? Like for ex. PIRs. etc..

Regards,

Cris

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cris,

It depends upon the business requirements, if you are closing the factory calendar for specific period,

and you are not going to procured or produce any product during that time.You may delete PIR, close production order and purchase order and then run the MRP it will delete the open planned order and PRs.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tomasz,

You should consider all open receipt elements like planned orders,production orders,purchase requisitions,purchase orders etc which are falling on your closing period dates.

If they are not firmed MRP deletes those orders and creates new elements with dates changes as per new calender.

If they are firmed and confirmed receipt elements then you need to manullay delete those.

BR
KK

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tomasz,

As mentioned above you can use Holiday calendar or Special rules to close FC on certain days.

Refer below Documentation for detailed steps

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

You can create a special rule for this to make particular day as working day or non-working day.

Thanks,

Santosh Kumar.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

One way is to create the Holiday calendar for these non-working days and assign it to Factory calendar in SCAL.

Second option is create special rule inside the factory calendar define the non-working period.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

You can create a new calendar and define holidays for those days in which you are going to close the plant. Then you will have to assigne the new calendar to the plant. If you don't want to create a new calendar, you can set the holidays in the calendar assigned to your plant (I recommend to create a new one).

If you only want to control the capacity allocation, you can maintain shift & intervals in the work centers. This way you can control the planned orders.

Other option is to create a planning calendar and assign the calendar to all your materials massivelly using MM17.

Kind Regards,

Mariano