cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByD Reporting - working with DATE fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working for a client who would like to report on the baseline dates of his tasks: all the overdue tasks to be coloured in RED.

The problems I am facing are:

1. I cannot seem to manage exceptions when it comes to dates - compare operators can only be numbers.

2. I cannot seem to find a way to get the current system date into ByD so I can then use it as an operator for designing key figures.

If the above are not possible, has anyone managed to sort out a way to report on overdue dates?

Many thanks,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

could you please confirm if my understanding is correct in order to help you on it.

Are you trying to managed new key figures with condition on dates type when creating a report directly in ByD ?

Second option i'm thinking, is it a correct workaround for you to manage the standard report with ByD EXCEL Addin and so use the date comparison fonction of EXCEL ?

Let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, your assumption is right - a key figure to handle dates - a formula which returns the number of days from the task deadline (baseline finish date) to current system date. Is this possible?

I know Excel is solid in this respect, but they are trying to avoid using excel extensively for these kind of reports which are more likely to be run on a daily basis by multiple users (not necessary Excel proficient).

I would be keen to know if someone has done this before or is aware of another way of doing it in ByD.

Cheers

Sebastian