cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining Which WIP Center Processed a Production Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been assigned the task to do re-layout of the manufacturing facility. One inherent requirement is to determine flow between storage locations which will
be used in calculation on which storage locations need to be placed close to minimize material handling.

I run into issues when materials are moved to a production order with 261 transaction. Is there a way of knowing which WIP center the unit was manufactured by? When I check the production orders after they have been closed out, they all show up at shipping location. I need to know where that item in that production order originated from (which I can get from the original 261 transaction where the material is moved from stock to that production order), and which WIP center actually processed the unit before it was directed to shipping.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aytac.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Aytac

It is not exactly clear for me what do you mean by "I need to know where that item in that production order originated from". Which kind of information exactly do you need?

Generally, to get information about production orders we use transaction COOIS, which is the most complete report on shop floor control. Here you find information about production orders, operations, components, confirmations, components... basically everything related to production orders.

Another useful transaction is MB56. Here, you can find all the history of an specific batch. Which order generated this batch, which components were consumed, etc...

If you need to track the batched within an specific order, there is a functionality called WIP batches. Take a look on the documentation on the following link for more details:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/47/31629eebd20c50e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Caetano. COOIS seems to be very useful. Here is what I have done thus far:

Use MB51 to find 261 transactions for a span period -> Use MB03 for that document number to find production order -> Use COOIS to find the "Automatic Goods Movements" for that production order.

Some of these say "There is no data for the selection". These are closed production orders, I do not know why history is not showing. Is this the wrong selection for COOIS to see location changes for that production order?

Similarly, when i run COOIS with "Documented Goods Movements", I get the same response "There is no data for the selection".

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Documented goods movements are stored on table AUFM. If you can find them on this table, they should be displayed on COOIS. If you cannot find the goods movements in this table, check on the customizing transaction OPL8 if the flags are checked under the section "documentation of goods movements" for your order type.

Regards

Caetano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

milton_gallegos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aytac:

In the order are registered the operations and the work centers were used in the producction. Also, the components are assigned to the operations. Maybe, in this way you can kown where a product was manufactured and the production flow.

As Caetano has mentioned, use COOIS to report.

Regards,

Milton