Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU/SU mgmt in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL ,

I have the below requirements

I have a HU managed storage location in a Warehouse  & want to do good receipt w.r.t inbound delivery & put away

Want to do HU/SU removal using existing transfer order. HU will be moved to SU managed storage locations in WMS.

Want to  good receipt posting after put away is completed

Creating HU in inbound delivery will move the HU to HU managed storage LOC. Now how the movement will happen from HU managed storage loc to destination SU?  Is interim storage location applicable here??  what will be the applicable movement types?

Can somebody guide me on this

1- How  HU /SU can be linked & displayed in HU03 by entering HU#

2- What is the use Move SU transfer order using LT09

3- one step /two-step TO confirmation

Regards

Tusar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi

Hope these annswers help

1. If your system is set up so that the HU and SU number is the same you can use HU03 or HUMO to display HU's.

2. If you move the stock within the same warehouse LT09 can be used to move the SU to diff bins you can use mvt 999. If you move between sloc's use VLMOVE or HUMO

3. One step/tow step confirmation can be set up as normal in the system, just check your config settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I  am creating HU  during Inbound delivery. doing good receipt post before put way.

As per the sap standard doc

After handling units are created in the inbound delivery, goods receipt is posted for the inbound delivery. Storage units are created automatically for these handling units. The stock of these storage units is found in the interim storage bin that was determined in the inbound delivery. The inventory in these storage units is available for use. Partial picks are possible.

What is the interim storage bin type should used? I need config help around this.

How the interim storage bin is determined at inbound delivery??

How the storage units gets created automatically?? any config  required.

In HU03 , i do not see any SU for HU

Regards

Tusar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you are posting the goods receipt into a non-HU managed storage location?

The interim storage type should use dynamic bins (bin = inbound DN) generated by the system and they are not saved after the stock is moved out. The SU will generate and get assigned automatically when the transfer order moves the stock into an SU managed storage type (interim storage types are not normally SU managed)

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jacob.

Let me clarify the  config i am using.

I have one Hu manged & one non HU managed storage location  assigned to WM.

This non HU managed storageloc is  partner location for  Hu managed storage LOC

Material is assgned non hu managed storage loc &  WM

Packaging material related config in place.

Number range for HU only.

In WMS side , using  storage type 901 ( good receipt wrt external location) as source storage type & 007 fixed pallets as dest storage type

901 is not su managed, 007  su managed

Created a PO , then inbound delivery wrt PO . Doing packing in inbound delivery to generate HU.

Now want to post the stock thru good receipt posting.

I am getting below error

storage location not defined for delivery item HU

Which storage location should be assigned to HU ( HU managed /Non HU managed)?

I guees  after good receipt posting, stock will move from HU maned storage location to interim storage type automatically or transfer oder is required?? HU becomes SU in storage type 901.

My understnding is TO will only be required to move SU from storage bin type 901 to storage bin type 007.

Please correct me & let me know any config item missing.

Regards

Tusar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a little confused about your process still...I assume its a typo but technically storage type 902 is for external goods receipts (not 901 - production receipts).

Are you using MIGO goods receipt against inbound delivery?

Is the inbound generated as SPED output from outbound delivery?

Is the source location HU managed or not?

Is the destination location HU managed or not?

If you are processing an inbound delivery from HU managed location into a non-HU managed location then the HU becomes irrelevant and you should allow the system to generate a new SU based on SU number range you have defined for the non-HU managed location.

Storage type 902 (standard) is not SU managed so the system will genarate the SU when the transfer order is created/confirmed to put the stock into an SU managed location.

You can post the GR first in MIGO and use LT06 to generate the transfer order and define packing materials for  put away (also print SU labels based on config).Or use LT03 with reference to the inbound delivery, many options depending on your process...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob

It was typo for 902. You are correct.

Are you using MIGO goods receipt against inbound delivery? NO

Is the inbound generated as SPED output from outbound delivery? No

Is the source location HU managed or not?  NO

Is the destination location HU managed or not? YES

If you are processing an inbound delivery from HU managed location into a non-HU managed location then the HU becomes irrelevant and you should allow the system to generate a new SU based on SU number range you have defined for the non-HU managed location.

I want SU# generated automatically  with same as HU#

We are not using  MIGO for good receipt. We are using the Post good receipt option in Inbound delivery after packing/HU creation.

Steps being used

1- Create PO

2- Create inbound delivery wrt PO

3- Create HU in inbound delivery

4- Mnaual putaway  by filling the putaway required quanties of material & HU

5-  Post good receipt using the option in inbound delivery

6-Material doc is created

In HU03  No for HU created in step 3.

I want

1-HU created for HU managed storage location  move to  interrim srorage type(902) bin with SU # same as HU# once the good receipt posting  done in inbound delivery

2-

Execute transaction HU03 , select  HU on the left-hand side tree and

navigate to the SU (via button #SU#).\

3- If the number of #Open TO items# is initial, create (but do not confirm) a Move SU Transfer Order

(TO) with transaction LT09 from storage type 902 to dest storage type 007

I am trying below scenario

https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-CATETC_AIE_WM_LES_INTEGRATION

Regards

Tusar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details,

Because you mention this error:

"storage location not defined for delivery item HU"

Please confirm your Sloc setting under path:

Logistics - General > HUM > Basics > MM > IM > HU requirement for Storage Locations and Default Values for Deliveries

Make sure the HU requirement flag is checked

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in short you need answer of all the HU related functionality  how about first checking the standard SAP help related to Handling unit management. Forum can help you to address specific query not about the whole feature.

Goods Receipt Handling with Reference to Inbound Deliveries - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP...