cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect SSAS cube in Crystal Reports 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new in BI business and I'm stuck in a situation: i'm not able to create reports based on an existing SQL 2012 cube. I was able to create an Univers in IDT based on this cube, but in Crystal none of my tries were successful:

1) if i'm trying to connect to my Univers created in IDT, the following error occurred: Logon failed. Cannot find DSN in connection string

The steps are: New report -> New connection and from the list select Universes, go to my Univers folders -> select dimension and indicators, the ok -> in the data source selection click on next and then my server name and user are filled in, i just put my password and click ok. But the message is: Logon failed. Cannot find DSN in connection string.

2) the second flow tried is: New OLAP cube Reports-> but in the OLAP connection browser i don't have my SSAS cube.

Can anyone help me with some hints/ documentation?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal 2013 will NOT connect to .unx universes - it will only connect to old style .unv universes created in the Universe Design Tool (UDT).  To connect to a .unx universe you would need to use Crystal for Enterprise.

For directly connecting to the OLAP cube, are you logged in with a user who has permissions to the cube?  Also, you need to have the 32-bit database client available.  You can see this document for more information about connecting to OLAP cubes from Crystal - even though this is for Crystal 2011, it works the same way for Crystal 2013.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses.

At first point it was a miss spelling, the univers is unv (create in UDT).

For second point, the user has rights on that cube. The problem is that in the list of Server Type (add server) i don't have "Microsoft OLE DB provider for analysis services 10.0". Do you have any idea what should i do?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need make sure that the 32-bit DB client for that DB provider has been installed on the computer where you're running Crystal.  Crystal is 32-bit software and it requires 32-bit DB clients.

-Dell

Answers (0)