SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earlier Year PR- PO without FM account assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on Ecc 6 Ehp4 and implementing the BCS part of funds management. We are planning to go live on 1st Apr 2015. Now we need to handle the previous year purhcase order and Purchase requesition commitments (POs before Apr 2015).

As there are no commitment items or fund centers in old purchaes orders or purchase requisition, the solution got through the SDN thread  is :

To Create Derivation rule to derive dummy commitment items for Old Purchase orders and through FMCN & FMCT assign it to POs

My issue which field will help me set the rule, as I couldnot find any field for PO or PR...

Please advise

Shailesh

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by 'field'? In FMCN you just assign default fund centre for all PO/PRs that you choose to include in the list. You don't define a derivation strategy there.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am confused. Please guide...

I do not want these 2014 items to consume my 2015 budget. So dont I need to assing dummy commitment item in this PO/PRs

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to assign FM object if these documents are not exhausted and some activity on them is still foreseen. If you don't want these documents to consume your budget, you can refer them to specially dedicated FM assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We will be going live on 1st April 2015 and this will be our first year of FM. We do not want commitment for previous years to consume the budget for 2015.

While going through the threads I found following programs:

FMN3N, FMN4N, FMCN, FMCT, I have also gone through the notes 1695556 , 1564893, but cannot confirm on what I need to do.

I want my purhcase orders before Mar15, should not consume my budget for 15-16. Please guide..

Regards

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to budget them separately... I don't understand your doubt. Just create fund centre, which accumulate all documents from 2014 and before that. Call it, I don't know, 'Previous Years', budget it accordingly and assign all you old open POs to it via FMCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

sorry for unclear message..

My doubt is:

1. I do not want my commitments for 2014 should consume budget for 2015. Those purchase orders where there is balance commitment, for which I will receive the bills or book the cost in 2015, but it should not consider 2015 budget .

2. With FMCN code, what will happen? it will add default fund center (the one which I give there) will get added to the Purhcase order and Do I need to budget against that fund center in 2015

3. I wont need the default commitment item for these commitments?

4. The default FC which I give for my previous year commitment, how can I handle this in report? I will have to exclude that FC every time when I take the budget report? becuase if I do not exclude my total budget for the year 2015 will show more amount...

Please advise...

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Budget them separately (different fund centre, fund source, or whatever)

2. Yes, you have to assign the budget, unless you exempt through AVC strategy, these FM assignments from budget availability check

3. Commitment items are better to be the same that you would use for new POs. You'd better operate with fund centre or fund source for these old documents

4. Yes, if you don't want to present this budget in the report, you would have to exclude this fund centre or fund source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Eli...Now I am Clear....

Thanks for all your advise...

Shailesh