cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Hiring Date which is incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue in changing hiring date. i found some help document  but could not understand properly.

Help document link:  Changing the EE's Entry Date After Payroll: Actual Entry Date Af - Personnel Administration (PA-PA) ...

My questions are:

1. After reading the above note from help document. as for as i know We can not perform the multiple actions on the same day with Different Employment status (Ex: Active to Inactive).

Incorrect hiring date 01.01.98

Original Hiring date 01.15.98

As per the document i tried to run an action on same date(01.01.98) with incorrect hiring date action Type  with inactive status(Previously it was just hired with active status). system throwing an error message as "Do not enter personnel action for the date hiring/Transfer.".  correct me if i am thinking wrong.

2. As per My knowledge SAP Allows a standard process like after  bringing an employee into SAP system with ACTIVE status then we can play with employee by performing other actions. Now  Can we perform INACTIVE status action type on employee on before active status of an employee.

Please find the attachment for more info for second point.

3. If my understanding is incorrect on this topic please guide me how to change hiring date in this specific scenario. Requested to provide input bit detailed

Thanks in advance,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If payroll has been executed as live and after that you are going to change the date of hiring then it would not be possible.

Now the question is how you can change it.?

You can change it through PA41. With this tcode while you are going to change then system would not take it as a new action . Its changing the date only of old hiring action and additional action it302 is also updating accordingly.

Hope so its clear for you now.

Regards,

Sankarsan

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Please refer the note 41523 - Change entry date after payroll run

As per SAP Standard we cant override employment status on the same day,but from the note Incorrect and Correct Entry action looks like special case scenarios,so these actions can be an exception.

Please check whether you are using proper actions for correction as mentioned in the above note.

70 Incorr entr

71 Corrtd entr

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

JIm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thank you so much for spending your time. by using T.code PA41 if payroll has not yet processed i am fine with it. but what if employee has received his salary for before joining date. how can we address in the next payroll??

Thanks,

Ashok

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Ashok could not understand the issue.

Employee is not joined in the organization and you had paid him the salary? This is the case. How you have paid through cheque payment.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimson,

Thank you for you inputs. now i have come to know where i went wrong. while configuration for Incorrect entry action i have used Function character '0' instead of 1.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

I have an employee who has actually joined in org. on 15.01.2010, fortunately, or unfortunately Employee Hiring date was entered 01.01.2010 and payroll ran for the employee and payment made through bank and its done. later at point of time found the mistake and trying to correct date of the hiring through performing two action called correct , and incorrect.

while performing incorrect action hiring date must not be change and status must be withdrawn.

now i am still bit confuse  how payroll driver adjust the pay in the above case by making an employee withdrawn for the period incorrect entry.

please let me know

Thanks,

Ashok

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

On next  payroll cycle, system will deduct the extra paid amount for the first 15 days.

Hi Sankaran,

Its possible to change the hire date even after payroll process please refer the help document and sap notes posted in above posts.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks & Regards

JIm

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jimson..

Answers (0)