Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager Technical Objects Hierarchy

quannguyen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know if the technical objects hiearchy is now synched and visible in the latest WM version?

We're using WM 5.3 and this functionality is not available. I've been reading release notes, implementation guides and user guides and there are several hints that this could be possible now, but I'm not sure.

Things like the "OBJECT_HIER_LEVEL" parameter in the config panel or the possibility to view functional locations or equipments that are not related to work orders in WM 6.2 make me think this is finally possible.

Can anyone tell me more about this?

Thank you in advance,

Rgds,

Quan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Quan--

The only info you can see in the FuncLoc tab are the folowing:

Fucntion location details.

Installed.

Uninstalled

Documents

Classifications (Just the attributes with values).

Measuring points.

Same thing for Equip Tab.

Cheers,

Fouad

quannguyen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

Thank you. So still no technical object hierarchy then...

The Installed and Uninstalled information, are they just flags to say that the technical object is installed or not? Or is it to install or uninstall the technical object?

Do you know what the parameter OBJECT_HIER_LEVEL is for?

According to the documentation in the configuration guide, it  "Restricts the level of technical object hierarchy information associated with the work order that is returned".

We've installed some time ago WM 6.1 in a sandbox system, but changing this parameter didn't do anything. Maybe it does now in WM 6.2?

Thx again.

Quan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Quan--

I looked up OBJECT_HIER_LEVEL in the config panel and I can't find it there, we are running WM 6.2/MM2.0

Cheers

Fouad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quan,

You can do a debug in ABAP class and you can see it is looking at the hierarchy of the tech objects in the SAP system. The default is 99, which will cause performance issues I believe, I always set it to 1.

however if you look into the java code, all the tech objects on the other levels of the hierarchy have been removed. In that case, you would find this filter does not make any difference.

quannguyen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

It's in the workorder DO in the get filter. But I think you can find it elsewhere as well.

Thx.

Quan

quannguyen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

So it looks like the hieararchy is not available in the standard. Have you debugged in the 6.2 version?

Rgds,

Quan

Former Member
0 Kudos

not out of box,

you need to do enhancement.

Answers (0)