cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI report returns Incorrect Date and also no data in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When I run the report in WEBI designer and select the dates, and run the report, I get the proper dates displayed on my report and also the data is returned for those dates in the report. All is well here. see the image below.

I am capturing the date selection criteria in a WEBI report and using Userresponse function to display the selected dates on report.

Here is my formula:

="From: " + UserResponse("Enter Start Date:") + "   To:  " + UserResponse("Enter End Date:")

Now, I save on to the Enterprise server and run this report from SAP portal. I select the dates Jan 26 2015 to Feb 22 2015 and when I run the report, I get incorrect date displayed on the report and also does not return the data in report. See below image.

So looks like there is issue with the prompt itself not passing the correct date to the database resulting in this issue.

But if I just refresh the WEBI report in portal without scheduling it, it works perfectly fine and returns date as well as data correctly.

So the summary is, WEBI report when scheduled from portal is not picking the right date from the prompt. But when I use Refresh or View in portal it works fine. I don't think it has anything to do with the userresponse function, For some reason when I schedule the WEBI report it picks up the wrong date and userresponse is displaying whatever report picks up.

Any ideas please.

Thank you

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you scheduling it from cmc..and are you giving prompt values there