cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Crystal Reports in SAP Portal using Crystal Server?

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Describing our landscape first - we have SAP Crystal Reports (2013) for creating the reports, SAP Crystal Server (2013) for hosting these reports and then SAP Portal. We have managed to get the document link for a report and created an iView to display it in Portal.

There are two things we would like to achieve:

1. Open this report without logging in to Crystal Server.

2. When point one is achieved we'd like the report to open as a Portal subitem not a entirely new webpage.

Getting point 1 to work has proven difficult and I would like to know where to start. I tried looking up SSO configuration but that topic is so badly documented that I just gave up after 16 hours of sifting through meaningless documentation.

I don't want anyone to do my work for me but some pointers or logical course of action would be nice to have.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julian_jimenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rauno,

The first point is not possible as a Crystal Report requires processing to be opened in a web server. It is not static. If you want to open a report without interacting with BI 4.1, you should save it as static: PDF or Excel.

However, you can achieve opening Crystal Reports in your Portal following the steps indicated in this guide:

BI4 Integration into the SAP Enterprise Portal 7.0.x

It is indicated in the guide, but to set up STS authentication, you can follow this guide as well:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/3Is1DQ

Regards,
Julian

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I would really like to follow the second guide but apparently SAP Authentication is not in the available authentications list. Did a full install following the SAP note 1578810 and one option seemed to be missing (Database Access->SAP). Now opening CMC->Authentication I still can't find SAP Authentication from the list. Do I need some special Integration Packs or something? As far as I know they shouldn't be needed any more (CS 2013).

julian_jimenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I am afraid that Crystal Server 2013 has some limitations. I was not aware that not having SAP authentication was one of the limitations.

You will require a Business Intelligence Platform installation to be able to integrate both.

You can always use OpenDocument via URL iView but the only way to avoid users to type username and password would be to use Windows Active Directory SSO in your Crystal Server.

Answers (0)