cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much memory do I need for one SQL Server.

0 Kudos

Hi people.

This is my situation.

My customer has two servers, one for SAP B1 8.82 PL04 and the other one for SQL 2008 R2, nowadays I know that SAP require on a hosted enviroment 1GB RAM per user, in this case there are 55 concurrent users, which means that the SAP B1 Server will requires 55 GB + 4 GB OS + 8 GB for Remote Desktop Services, for a total of 67 GB (all that will be the perfect situation). But in this case the customer has in B1 Server just 9 GB of RAM (don't scare), the system runs, but obviusly is not the best.

And about the server for SQL, it has 12 GB and the production DB size is 29 GB, the SQL is limited to 8 GB.

So in this case, how much memory will be the best  for the SQL, and what will be your recommendations for the B1 Server.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

if its not that confidential, can you post the hardware and software specs of your client on their SAP b1 server and SQL server,

we are also having the same problem and we only 1 server that handles SAP b1, RDP and SQL and with a 12GB memory. I will use this discussion as proof that we need an hardware & software upgrade.

thanks!

Carlo

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Juan Palo

As I understand your Question ,

***   ALL Sql Server Server Works on Process based cals ..,if your user SQL Server Standard Edition it will run on Singal Processor ,,even though you put more RAM also no use

take my company ex: we have around SAP b1 110 users are there then also it will take 10gb Ram usage ( server ram is 40GB)

...please tell me if your more Suggestions

Regards

Andakondaramudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir Andakondaramudu,

do you have a separate server for RDP, SQL, and SAP b1 Server?

How many GB of memory needed for RDP?

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No need Separate for All ,we can host With in one server ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

so what will be your recommended specs if i will host it in a single serve?

we are currently hosting all at a server with 2 processor (4-core @ 2.13 GHZ) / 12 GB RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no best setting for 12 GB db server to run a db size 29 GB (it will still be growing!). Convince them the hardware need to be upgraded. Otherwise, they have to bear with slowness.

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon.

My main question is, how do yo size just the SQL server, based on the quantity of users and the DB size?, that's what I'm looking for.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both are important factors. They are normally proportional.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarajan, but this document doesn't help me as I want, actually I got the newest version.

Regards.