Thanks,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh

depending on the business of the company acting: there are lot of regulations on top (e.g. state specific as well). The specific ones are related to e.g. crop protection agents etc. And clealry: US does have own "OEL" values (as most of the countries). Same is true in area "classification/labeling"). E.g. US will get a "GHS" version. Some for canada in the next months.

May be check:

and SAP help for "Regulatory content"

SAP EHS Regulatory Content – SAP Help Portal Page

Because of the complexity in regulation/legislation many companies are using SAP or similar services to make sure that they can sell products in compliance with the regulations.

C.B.

PS: US and CA does have e.g. as well own "Dangerous goods regulations"

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Hope you got answer ?

--

0 Kudos

Thanks Tarun and Chris,

I am specifically looking for what is US (North America) equivalent for REACH-SVHC regulation and also ROHS where one has to declare substances or Restrict substances. Do we have something similar in US (North America). How does US (North America) manage something like this.

Thanks,

Rakesh Nair

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh

to my knowledge:

TSCA regulation is somthing "similar" as REACH (not on the same level !); Regarding ROHS: no idea in US.

PLease make sure that you understand that in US there are sometimes "state" specific regulations; so you might have the need to handle OEL limits for California which might be different in comparison to Texas.

Any "legal" topic is normally managed in chemical industry by experts which are familliar with the regulations (and the changes in the regulations; e.g. US will get there own GHS version this year.)

Companies using SAP EHS Management solutions use in many cases servicses provided by others to get updates in regradsof legal content. E.g. SAP provides SERC and SERD services.

C.B.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Yes, you are right, There are a lot in United Stats, for example the list(some) include:  Extremely Hazardous Substances (EHS), OSHA, EPA, CEPA, NPRI, SARA, TSCA, CERCLA,

--