cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC 7.5 SP5 , EVDRE encountered an error retrieving data from Web server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Using BPC 7.5 MS SP5 , and we have the EVDRE encountered an error retrieving data from Web server.

We tried to fix the same by restarting com components on the web server but still we have the error.

Not sure if i miss any com component , suggest me if any. so that i can check if we miss anything to be re started.

Apart from the above any other solution to resolve the error mentioned So kindly suggest me please.

And this error is coming only for one application when we are trying to retrieve the data from this applicaiton-finance. For the other applications the data there is no problem.

Kindly suggest me please.

Thanks

Venkkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

there are several notes about this error, so please see the SAP notes writing the error and selecting MS version.

Only one is difficult to find by searching, this because it's related with multiserver, if this is your case you will see that the error appears if you process one or more dimension and after you refresh a report. The error is caused by a desynchronization between application multiserver and DB server and normally this disappear the next day, if you dont want to waite the next day a workaround is to enter in the .dep files on both application server and save these without changes so you will force an alignement, see please 1372498 - Sync the member access security on multi appserver env

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for your answer.

We have multiserver , and have the desynchronization between application server and DB server also an issue.

So what we did is - Com + components restart , reboot of the servers , processed the dimensions w.r.t the application by selecting member sheet and after modification of the application. By doing these the error EVDRE and synchronization issue also fixed.

Thanks

Venkkat

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have the same issue and it's sufficient and faster to update the .dep files, the error will disappear.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Thanks. And update of .dep files , is this something we have to update in this or just open the file and save it ? How it works ? Can u please confirm.

Thanks

Venkkat

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkkat,
as I wrote before, is sufficient to enter and save this on both server without any changes, this will synchronize the server and you should immediately see report working again, that's why it's quicker that the other procedure.

You just need to remember the path for the .dep files, you found it in the note.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for your answer.

Regards

Venkkat

Answers (0)