cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to confirm an operation/ post goods in a PM02 control key operation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know how to proceed with a PM01(Internal Lab) and PM03 (Ext Serv) but for a PM02 operation, i am not able process.

I understand that PM02 operation means we need external labour for which we have to send the equipment out of our plant. So Goods Issue needs to be done for the equipment. But MIGO against what? How will the system do migo on the equipment rather than the component?

Can somebody tell me the step by step procedure to confirm a PM02 operation?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Goutham,

PM02 Operations are externally processed, meaning that they are confirmed when you do a goods receipt for the external activity through MIGO. For PM02 Operations a Purchase Requisition is created and converted to a Purchase Order, just like it would for non-stock components.

In SPRO in the node "Maintain Control Keys" you'll see that the confirmation indicator for PM02 Operations is set to "Confirmation possible but not necessary", which means that you could make a confirmation or final confirmation in IW4* for the whole Operation, but you would not be confirming any labour hours. Only the status (P)CNF will be changed.

This could be relevant for example if Measurement Documents need to be entered with confirmation.

former_member182535
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to confirm PM02 control key operation(not liable by company) as it's maintenance performed by vendor.

Please find below link/

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46558 (Find attachment for your better help)

MRO Subcontracting in Maintenance Orders - Maintenance and Service Processing - SAP Library