Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales representatives mapping for sample sale

sharad_chauhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have questions regarding creation/maintenance of Sales representatives. I don't have HR module implemented here.

I searched through the forum and could find two ways to do that:

1. Create a sales employee through VPE1.

2. Create a sales representative through XD01.

However, I have following further requirements:

- We have different types of sales representatives, like field executives, field managers, regional managers etc. and we want to have different number ranges for each type.

- We send samples to our field reps that needs to be shown as a sale. Hence, in that case field reps need to be created as customer (XD01) so that sales order can be created.

VPE1 can be used even without HR module. However, then we would not be able to create sales order.

But if we use XD01 then we would have to create multiple customer account groups for each number range, that can be many.

I searched through the forum but could not find a possible solution to implement this functionality.

Please advise what should be the better way to achieve this.

Thanks

Shed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whats´s the purpose of using different range numbers? To identify who´s a field executive,a field manager... ?

If so, instead using different range numbers, use a single range and create as many partners functions as needed. For example Z1 for field executive, Z2 for Field manager etc... Check in custo part related to partner so you can even combine several of them in a sales order. Create master data via XD01.

Regards,

JM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sharad_chauhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

So to conclude:

Create different partner functions (Z1, Z2...) with partner type KU.

Maintain master data for each of them through XD01.

Use the account group 0007-Sales partner. Or any other account group could be used ?

Keep number ranges as external.

But if we use VPE1 what are the pros and cons ?

Thanks

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Why not try to use external number range while creating through XD01  so that it will easy to identify as well.

Regards,

DSP