cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Analytics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Can i do custom analytic views to be shown on Org boxes and detail panel tabs (analysis by group and subgroup for example).

When i went to the standard details panel in admin console (Demographics Analytics), i found that there are no field to be displayed except Organization ID while in user console, it shows everything, How is that?

Regards;

Abdow

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm assuming this is still the live build you were referring to in another thread.  Please refer to the posting guidelines as to what information should be included in each post as this can help others who might have similar issues when searching SCN.

If I understand correctly you want to create new analytics options based on (employee(?)) group and sub-group.  This strikes me as quite an involved undertaking for someone just starting on VSN.  Have you had any formal training from Nakisa yet?  You can do it, but this can be quite involved and I'm pretty sure would require some work outside of AdminConsole.

You will need to ensure that the RFCs are able to return the data you wish to count - which may well require some ABAP enhancement.

Take a look in the OTFSchema directory (Live RFC build) and you'll see lots of analytics related files (named per analytic).  You would need to reproduce the equivalent for your own analytic.

You would also need to include your analytic in the Analytics\Counts.xml file too.

If you look in the AppResources\detailconfiguration\OrgUnitDetail.xml file you'll see some references to the staffing and the Demographics tabs at the bottom.  These refer you to files in AppResources\detailspresentationconfiguration which contain the XML that drives which analytics to include in the details panel and how they should look.

In here you will see some caption references, so you would also need to add a new caption into LangModifications.xml (but this could certainly be done via AdminConsole).

You will also see in the AppResources\detailconfiguration XML files that relate to more details for demographics and staffing on org units.  I think these are the ones that relate to the analytic profile.  You will also find the details for the various analytics views in here which link back to details data XML files, etc.  You would need to reproduce these for the view.

I think that's roughly what you would need to look at, but it is possible there could be some intermediate files somewhere I've inadvertently skipped over so I would recommend working through it step by step and perhaps by duplicating an existing analytic and then working backwards to link it to the data you require in the analytic.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen

You are totally right, and sure I'll try and do my best. but what I'm stuck in now is that I'm trying to modify in Demographics Analytic tab of org unit.

when I'm clicking on org unit (in User Console), it shows me a lot of tabs inside this tab (Demographics Analytics) while i want to remove some of them.

Also i want to modify in some, like Race tab, i don't know from which Infotype Nakisa getting this information but anyway i want to let it get from specific field in IT0002. How can i do?!!

Regards;

Abdow

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdow.

The instructions on how to disable analytics can be found in the analytics section of the OrgChart admin guide.

Login to AdminConsole, navigate to Application-wide Settings > Analytics Settings.  Locate the demographics you wish to exclude, uncheck them, submit the changes and publish the build.

The Field Mapping Reference & Feature Checklist spreadsheet contains details around data usage for fields, panels, analytics, etc.

By default, Race is the total number of each ethnic origin in the current and subordinate org units and uses RACKY-PA0077.

According to the spreadsheet the RFCs used for this analytic are /NAKISA/RFC_CHART and /NAKISA/RFC_REPORT.  So you would need to start with these to be able to get your data item and then refer to my previous information ... but rather than duplicating views, details presentation configurations, count specifications, etc. you'll be modifying the existing ones pertaining to Race.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdow.

Have you managed to make any progress with this?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen

Actually i didn't anything in this issue till now as it's not customer requirement and i want to deliver the project ASAP, but sure i'll try to do it in my free times and will tell you sure what i did.

Or it may come a customer requirement, and at this point i think i must do it  .

Answers (0)