Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To delete the reports created via jobs after certain days of creation

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I would like to delete the reports generated by the jobs from the particular folder after certain amount of days the reports being created.

Kindly please help me on how to create a job which deletes the reports created 5 days ago from the folder.

Regards,

DP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi D P,

As said by Matt, you can use shell execute type of pass. You can use the command like cmd /c del and your file path or else you can opt for shell destination option.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Dileep Reddy

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DP,

To delete files from your server, you should set up batch to delete the files. Contact your server management team for help.

For Linux, Delete Files Older Than x Days on Linux

For Windows, windows - Batch file to delete files older than N days - Stack Overflow

I guess this is out of IDM, I may be wrong. Lets see if any of our community members have done this thru "Shell execute" pass.

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I have access to delete the files/reports which were created as output by the jobs. Instead of doing it manually I would like to delete then via a job through IDM.

We usually generate reports daily for the failed assignments and it would be these files would be sent as attachments via email. So to keep the systems space clean, we would like to delete them in frequent intervals.

Regards,

DP

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D P,

In that case you can use a shell execute task, or a To Generic task to execute a batch or powershell script that would delete the files.

This could be run from a scheduled job in IDM.

Matt