cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Administrator - Online (view-only)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When connecting to Infrastructure Administrator it is always saying Online (view-only).  As such I am unable to do anything in IA.  I have re-entered the credentials in the HAC Service and restarted it and checked the certificate validity but it still won't connect.

Has anybody faced this issue before or has a fix for this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

This problem can have several reasons, definitely check what Thomas Högl suggested.

I have seen this problem quite a long time ago - though I do not remember the details, I am pretty sure it had to do something with certificates and a HAC node.

Please, did you check HAC node logs and/or IA logs?

Problems I have met regarding this issue were (not sure which were related to your symptoms):

1) Certificates were created by an external CA. They were imported into HAC instance server but the very CA certificate was not there.

2) You Cos/internal certificates has no private key or wrongly imported into PSA (check that in mmc.exe - Add Snapin - Ceritifates) - the certificate must have a key on its icon or in detailed view you see You have a private key...

3) Certificates after upgrade to 7.0.5 - system was originally installed at 7.0.0.0 version and the private key was only 1kb long for CoS and internal certificates. Until 7.0.4.100, this was OK. From 7.0.5 onwards, the HAC was not happy anymore ->regenerate certificates with 2kb key.

4) This was special: the CA totally ignored the certificate roles, which we were in the request and used own default template instead. So look into your certificates and check, whether it was issued with all requested roles.

Tell us more about the installation - is it a fresh installation or an upgrade?

Regards,

Dawood.

former_member250653
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

at configuration of HAC node, maybe you entered the loginname at "HAC View-only Administration Users" instead of "HAC Administration Users"?

HAC Node => Deployment Variables for High Availability Controller => User Authentication

Or wrong IP address configuration at

HAC Node => Deployment Variables for High Availability Controller => Network

BR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

try to use " connect to" instead of "connect", in the host field enter the IP adress of the HAC, you are connecting to.

BR,

Anton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Still the same issue - it just says Online (view-only) in the bottom right and doesn't allow me to do anything.