Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Defaulted Personnel Area Warning to Error

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we have OM integration switch on, which allows us to default in the Personnel Area maintained on Infotype 1008, onto IT0001 when we do a hiring action or transfers.

When someone tries to override this Personnel Area SAP gives a standard warning message that you are going to override the defaulted value.

How can we change this information message to an error message? I am almost sure this must be done somewhere in a feature?

Please note that this error information message is SAP standard and not coded in the user exit.

Kind Regards

Deon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message is generated via code in the module pool, it is not configured via feature or anything, so I am afraid you will probably have to use a user exit if you want to change this behaviour.

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Hmm its seems like you are correct. I tried adding an entry to T100S with (Message Class PG and Number 165 ) as an additional check to the module pool code but it does not seem to have an effect.

I will write and additional check in the user exit.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Deon

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gideon,

Plz refer the below link...Will get some input.

Message Control - SAP Customizable Messages - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Thanks'

Gautam

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is linked with the Positioned which you have assigned at OM level through IT1008. Now if you will do the transfer from one personal area to another personal area then you have to creat a new postion for that new personnel area for which employee will be assigning. At the same time old position will get vacant.

Go ahead this process which is standard while you are making defualiting characteristics through OM  IT1008 or IT1013.

Or else you can by pass this message through changes in the IT0001 at module pool program level.(Not sure )

Regards,

Sankarsan