cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ - Multiple user access request via import file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GRC guru's,

I require some assistance with the Multiple user import file.  The workflows are configured and work correctly.

We require multiple users to be provisioned. The request for= "Multiple" user field is populated.

On the User's tab dropdown, the template is downloaded and populated and then imported.

The problem is that fields that are deemed as non-mandatory are now being requested which is weird as these fields are non-mandatory or visible on the EUP settings, e.g. comms method, date format, decimal notation, etc.

We just need the userid, first name, last name and email address to be populated.  Current version: GRC 10, SP14.  Note, haven't had this issue on previous SP's.  Any assistance or advice appreciated.

Rgds,

Prevlin Moodley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prevlin,

Please check below SAP note.

1806141 - GRC 10.0: EUP not supported for Multiple Users requests

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thank you, have referenced the note however it does not resolve my issue.

Cheers.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prevlin,

SAP Note 1806141 says, EUP is not supported for Multiple User Request Types in GRC 10.0 but works for SELF and OTHER user request type scenarios.

But you mentioned, it was working in earlier SPs. Can you confirm if it is working in earlier SPs with Multiple User Request Types in GRC 10.0?

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Yes, EUP is supported for SELF and other request types...agreed.

However, the problem is with the Multiple user request, i.e. We are forced to use EUP fields which are coming up.  We are not able to submit a straight forward multiple user request, i.e. userid, first name,last name and email address.

The straight forward upload worked in previous SP's.  This is the first I am running into an issue with the upload file having so many mandatory fields.

Please assist if possible.

Rgds,

Prevlin Moodley

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prevlin,

Since the SAP note 1806141 says EUP is not supported for Multiple User Request Types in GRC 10.0, as a work around you can create a Request template and separate EUP Id to be used with this Request template and this template can be used for creating access requests with MULTIPLE user request type using Template Based Access Requests.

I have checked with Template Based Access Requests and EUP config is working.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

We have tried the Request template and face the same issue, i.e. we are being forced to define EUP fields that appear as mandatory.

Just to clarify, WE DO NOT WANT TO USE EUP FIELDS.  We just want to create a straight forward multiple user request and not be subjected to comply with mandatory EUP fields (seems like a bug).

Anyone experiencing a similar issue perhaps?

Rgds,

Prevlin Moodley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

We are on SP12, with quite a few corrections from SP13 installed also, and we use EUPs for change user requests for all options including Multiples.  It is not exactly easy, but it can be done; user groups change requests must be done with the import file, whereas a change user/ role request can be done directly, but both do work. I am dismayed to learn that they do not work in later releases.

Have you tried updating the default template settings on the fields that are showing up as Mandatory?

Good luck,

Gretchen

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

Thanks for your details.

We are on GRC 10.0 SP13 and we are using Template Based Access Requests.

1. Our New Account Template is assigned to a EUP ID in which Manager, User Type, Communication Method are mandatory Fields. When I try to create a SELF or OTHER user request, without filling mandatory fields I cannot submit the request.

2. In case of MULTIPLE user request, my EUP fields and the mandatory validation I have maintained is being ignored as shown below.

Then I came across the SAP Note 1806141 - GRC 10.0: EUP not supported for Multiple Users requests  

which says that EUP validations for MULTIPLE user request type is not supported for GRC 10.0 version.

So, confused whether this is a Bug or SAP didn't provide this functionality.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

My takeaway from Note is that SAP does not provide this functionality until 10.1 release. In our case, our source of user details is the Active Directory, and all users have managers there, so failure to enforce mandatory validation of that field has not been an issue.

Yours is a question for SAP, not this Community, but I would expect them to say that you need to upgrade to 10.1, which is probably not what you wanted to hear. but think of it this way: sooner or later, one of your connected systems is likely to upgrade to a NetWeaver release forcing an upgrade of GRC. Since this is a pain point, you might want to just bite the bullet and upgrade now.

Gretchen

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

Thanks for the advise and details and yeah you are right, if we need to have this functionality we need to upgrade our GRC version.

Regards,

Madhu.