Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to assign custom application exit name to application in BRFPlus

sanjana_lingras
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We want to customize authority check in BRFPlus. We have implemented interface IF_FDT_APPLICATION_SETTINGS into custom class ZC_FDT_SDN_APPL_SETTINGS.

We have written code inside Authority_check method and activated this method in CONSTRUCTOR_CLASS.

from ABAP side everything is done and activated properly, only issue is in BRFPlus when we are trying to assign application exit class "ZC_FDT_SDN_APPL_SETTINGS" to the application in BRFPlus , we get authorization error saying "You are not authorized to activate the application ZAPPL_BRF".

We are not sure why this error is coming, Or do we need to assign standard application exit class i.e. "CL_FDT_SDN_APPL_SETTINGS" and it will automatically trigger its Z-implementation (i.e.ZC_FDT_SDN_APPL_SETTINGS).

We are new to BRFPlus. Please guide us to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sanjana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe put an external break-point into your method. Then do the assignment and save. Probably you end up in your own implementation.

sanjana_lingras
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the reply.

I did put external breakpoint and assigned the standard application exit class "CL_FDT_SDN_APPL_SETTINGS" , it did not go inside debugging for the custom class implementation.

When I try to assign ZC_FDT_SDN_APPL_SETTINGS , it does not allow to activate the application.

It shows authorization error, can you please guide to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sanjana

sanjana_lingras
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Carsten, issue resolved now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten ,

My requirement is also same , we want to customize authority check in BRFPlus. I have implemented interface IF_FDT_APPLICATION_SETTINGS into custom class .

Now when I am assigning this custom class to application exit , I am getting short dump. Even when I press any of the button for value help I am getting 500 SAP internal error , rabax state.

Program terminates in class cl_wdr_default_shlp_context line 161.

ASSIGN <adapter>-view_element_adapter->('MV_KEY_ATTR_INFO') TO <attr_info>.

ASSERT sy-subrc = 0. "maybe, the attribute in the adapter is private?

Do we need to activate any service or any other settings ?

Please help.

Regards

Lalit

Answers (0)