cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to selectively CIF batches from ERP to EWM?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an batch managed product for which multiple batches exist. At present stock of this product is available in WM only for a few batches. (Our customer manages the stock of products manufactured on each day as one batch, therefore we  have some old batches for which stock is not available in the warehouse as on date).

We are now moving from WM to EWM & we want to CIF the ERP batches to EWM. The requirement is that we only want to CIF batches for which stocks exist. The challenge is that when you create an integration model by selecting the 'Batch' option, system CIFs all batches for a product. We tried selecting the 'Storage location stocks' option under material dependent objects along with the 'Batch' option. But even in this case, all batches are getting ciffed.

Does anyone know how to overcome this. Would be glad if any of you could give some inputs.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Smitha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is not doable in the standard. And I would not recommend to build something for it. Because otherwise you have to do changes (most probably manually) everytime you have another batch. Why not have all batches in EWM? No harm.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply.

Agree with you that we should not go for a custom code for this. Our requirement is that we only want the batches associated with the stock to move to EWM. Is there any other way in standard to achieve this? We have lakhs of batches for which there is no stock & we do not want to cif these batches unnecessarily.

Regards,

Smitha

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how should the system know which batches to CIF, if the stock can be only created once the batch is cifed? So I guess you are running into something which can only be maintained manually. And the CIF itself has no filter for that (as you already found out), so you would need to enhance the CIF..

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

hello,

We have the same situation where we have more than 2L batches in ECC & we want to CIF only the relevant batches which are being currently used. Does the same solution proposed above valid still or any improvements/option is available to meet our requirement?

If we are trying to create Integration model for 2L Batches its getting Time out due to this high volume & only option I know/see is to split the model by creating multiple Integration models for batches & then perform CIF.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello gouthamsid ,

is there any solution proposed?

There are performance parameters which can be set up for CIF in customizing (the node says "Set Filter and Selection Block Size"). I have never done something with it, as in training our systems are not that big. But you should try if this does solve you runtime issue.

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Thanks for your reply

To answer your question "is there any solution proposed?" No, what I meant is you replied that CIF has no way to filter out the required batches & only way is to CIF all available batches for the materials required to EWM.

If we have more than 2L batches or even 5L + what is your suggestion/recommendation on Creating Integration Model to CIF Batches? Create multiple Integration models instead of one?

I will also check on the customizing on CIF suggested by you

Regards

Goutham