Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhausted ESG for time quotas 0-9,A-Z

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

During Configuration, I found that I exhausted all possible values for ESG for time quotas. Snap shot of my EG/ESG:

Now For EE Group, ESG (15,16,17,18) have again different leave quota entitlement so I can't maintain ESG for time quota 1. But I don't have ESG for time quotas option available .

Again RL8,RL9,RL10,RL11 belonging to EE group 1 have different leave quota entitlement those of EE group 2.

So , It became a challenge for me to handle.. Is there any other way round ?

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan/Aditya,

We've 57 Company Codes, 76 Personnel Areas each having min. 10 to max 50 Personnel Subareas.

12 Employee Groups with 40 Employee Sub Groups each.

Leave rules/Quota are different and specified at the level of Personnel Area- Employee Group-Employee Subgroup level combination

Let's say for Personnel area H001, Permanent employee has 3 ESG (RL1,RL2,RL3). All 3 have different Leave entitlements/quotas/leave rules. So for this even if I've ESG for time Quotas value 1 , PSG for time quotas I'll have 3 different values.

In a similar manner, If I scale up for 76 Personnel Areas , I am about to consume all ESG/PSG possible values.

This is because of no standardization of existing Leave policies/rules across locations.

Any work around guys or I am doing any serious mistake in design itself ?

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

Ultimately you have 40 EEsubgroup where all 40's have the different leave quota accrual process?

Regards,

Sankarsan

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

But 40EESubgroup of One EEgroup don't have same leave quota accrual as that of other EE group.

Let's say EE Group:  Permanent staff  has EESgrp like E1--E40

EE Group Contract staff have EESgroup like E1-E40.

So, E1 of Permanent has different rule than that of E1 of Contract employee

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri

Do you have payroll also ??

If yes how is the structure defined in infotype 0008 do you find similar categories there also ??

in the payscale structure

??...

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

That means combination with EE group and EEsubgroup having the different quota accrual process.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Sankarsan,

For this reason it's exceeding 99.

Regards,

Niladri

0 Kudos

hello,

try to approach it from the leave accrual side of things.  List the accrual rules for each combination you must plan for. Look for those rules that repeat themselves.  There might not be as many different ones as initially thought.

Cheers

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Yes , we have Payroll (India) too. But there is no challenge in Payroll structure/categories.

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

Why it's so long ? Can you tell me brief about your business process?

Regards,

Sankarsan

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even I consumed 00 to 99 PSG grouping for time quotas in a similar manner 

Any solution ?

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have used PSG grouping from 00 to 99 ??..

How many entities are you implementing and in what circumstances you were made to use all PSG grouping numbers ??

PSG grouping is generally location wise or country code wise

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very unusual to use up 99 PSGs, and 9 ESGs

If the quota entitlement is different, you can use the Quota Selection Rule groups for that, you do not have to define based on PSGs.