Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of OLAP variable 0FYTCFP in extracting GL transaction figures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We load data to cube 0FIGL_C01.

We use the OLAP variable to ensure that we are extracting for the current fiscal year to date, as a full load, with a deletion of overlapping requests in the process chain.

Our fiscal year ends 30 June. My question is around  special periods and opening of the new fiscal year while posting is still allowed into the old year e.g. on 15 July both the old year and the new year are open as the year end processing is still underway, and special periods 13-16 might also be in use.

Do I have to wait until the user close the year (a manual step) to then do a "final" run for the year, with the periods specified manually, or is there a way to automate this?

thanks and regards, Lara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

If I understood your scenario correctly, the loading process with the OLAP variable works OK during the year. Only at period end closing there will be a period of few weeks where you also have to extract the special periods.

I suggest to run a second loading process for the year end closing period. Here you do not need a variable but a hard selection of Fiscal Year and Posting Period (or Fiscal Year/period). Also with deletion of overlapping requests.

Alternatively, did you ever consider to replace the full load mechanism by a delta process? It is usually a lot easier to handle.

Best regards,
Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander

Thanks for the response.

That;s what I have been doing (run manually after the period is closed). It is not ideal, in my mind, because it (1) relies on someone remembering to do it and (2) has to be done repetitively i.e.at least daily until the "old" period is closed, otherwise reports based on the provider will not be accurate. Again, not hard to do, just a pain when everything else is automated.

This particular DataSource is not delta enabled, otherwise I would have used the delta loads.

regards, Lara

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

Then I suggest to introduce a second loading process for the special periods. You could run it against a special factory calendar (i.e. working days only particular days of the months).

Just my curiosity, which DataSource are you using?

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander

Apologies for late reply - was out of the office.

The DataSource is 0FI_GL_1.

regards, Lara

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

I suggest to replace DataSource 0FI_GL_1 by 0FI_GL_6. The latter is delta-enabled.

Best regards,
Sander