cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Contract WK2 Message no. V2029 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I need to create a contract that will allow for partial billing every trimester for the duration of a year (4 billing documents x year).

In order to fulfill this I have decided to use the WK2 document type given the fact that one of the requirements is the ability to manually insert the price of the material per contract. The material type i'm using is WKC. --> (If you have any suggestions on a combination that might work better for this requirement I would appreciate the input).

-

The problem I currently have is this error message when I insert said material into the contract:

For period billing date use rule with base line date = billing date

Message no. V2029

-

From reading other threads on this very issue I have checked configurations in both the VOV7 and VOV8 transactions. Both contain all the relevant information regarding partial billing yet the error message still comes up. 

Please shed a light on additional steps to follow or some other configurations I might have missed. 

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You have to  use item category group VCIT  while creating material.

Check item category determination and hope your also maintaining condition type  WK00 and pricing procedure and check your document PP.

Very important,please check Copy control(VTAA) and maintain contract item category mode -B.

Pls check these points.

Regards,

DSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DSP,

I set up all the configurations you mentioned above and was able to create several billing dates within the contract without getting the original error.

The problem im facing now is that when I attempt to bill the first billing document, none is generated. The message that appears in the VF01 is "document not treated".

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Sorry for replying late.

Please share the error message screen shot,I did not understand VF01 error message.

Regards,

DSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DSP,

This is how I set up the contract in the VA41 transaction (4 billing periods each partial percentage):

Then directly from the contract I proceeded to billing (with the intention of only going though with the first billing document).

This is the message I get in the VF01 after saving the creation of the billing document:

Thanks again for all your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You are creating directly billing doc with reference to contract.As per my knowledge we can not create directly billing document like this.

The flow should be:

Contract/Sales order/ Billing.(VA41 / VA01 with ref to contract / VF01)

Please check and let me know if it works.

Regards,

DSP

former_member183424
Active Contributor
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your post, I don't think, the issue is related to material.  Of course, WKC is not a material type as you indicated but an item category. 

Have you checked with any other material code and if so, what was the outcome ?  Meanwhile, please check the following:-

• Billing Plan Type 02 is set for your item category.
  • Baseline date is set to 07 in OVBS for Date determination rule

Still, if you have issue, check whether the following OSS note helps you

• Note 131525 - Sales document not saved, error message V2029

G. Lakshmipathi