cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 SP7 ClickOnce Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently noticed that all CR 2008 SP4 deployments were failing as CRRuntime_12_3_mlb.msi were failing as the file does not seem to be available any more.  Upgraded to SP7 hoping the latest service pack would ensure the correct runtime would be available.  Seems I was mistaken.  Now, Visual Studio 2008 says that the Crystal Reports 2008 prerequisite is not available for deployment.  The bootstrapper package is present in :C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages.

I have a serious problem, we cannot deploy any applications.

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shane

So, are you trying to do the deployment using clickonce, msi or msm?

Links to the above, for SP 3 and SP 4 are here:

For higher version SPs (SP 5 - SP 7) you will have to contact sales at: 866-681-3435, 1-800-677-7271

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Ludek:

Firstly, this is in reference for the Crystal Reports 2008 Professional, not the integrated Crystal Reports for Visual Studio, although the development components are included in Crystal Reports 2008 Professional, a model you seem to have obfuscated with later releases..

Secondly:  The title is "... ClickOnce Deployment".

Why do I need to contact Sales in order to obtain components which should be part of the service pack?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) I an not sure where this comes from:

Firstly, this is in reference for the Crystal Reports 2008 Professional, not the integrated Crystal Reports for Visual Studio, although the development components are included in Crystal Reports 2008 Professional, a model you seem to have obfuscated with later releases..

I provided links to Crystal Reports 2008 (12.x), not any version that would be integrated into VS... E.g.; I do not understand the comment re. obfuscated

2) Reason I ask about the different runtime packages is because, yes your title clearly states clickonce, however you also mention MSI:

CR 2008 SP4 deployments were failing as CRRuntime_12_3_mlb.msi were failing as the file does not seem to be available any more.

Two things I learned over the years; never assume, get clarity...

3) Re contacting sales. Is the way it is. I provide the answers. I do not create the rules. You are free to take my answers, or not.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again:

My first comment was in response to the Discussion being moved from Crystal Reports 2008 to Crystal Reports for Visual Studio.  You may not have been aware of that, in that case, my apology.

The ClickOnce deployment method uses the msi files at deployment time to deploy prerequisite components such as Crystal Reports, .Net frameworks, etc..  Such msi files are referred to within the product.xml definition files located in the specific bootstrap locations.

The sales contacts you referred me to, specifically 1-800-677-7271 advised me the you must have redirected me there in error.

So, my problems still remain.

My issues are essentially: 

1) SAP updated Crystal Reports 2008.  The Service Pack is available to me, but the ClickOnce deployment files (and the msi/msm)  are not for SP7. 

2) The SP4 product.xml file points to the CRRuntime_12_3_mlb.msi file instead of the expected CRRuntime_12_4_mlb.msi file located in the same directory as the product.xml "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\CrystalReports 12.4".  This is incorrect.  I could assume that the product.xml is incorrect and manually change it. But, that assumption may be incorrect.

I have been using Crystal since version 5.x  (I almost miss those days)

Regards

Shane

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The naming convention of the Space you were moved to is confusing, but it typically will have anything to do with CR and .NET - any version of CR.

As for the sales number. It is correct. Try it again, if you get the same answer, ask to talk to the manager. I do not have any links, other than what I document in my blogs. Sales took it upon them selves to be the guardians of of any SP downloads, including the runtime files.

- Ludek

Answers (0)