cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO - Distribute quantity - Check quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are using function "Distribute quantity" in MIGO transaction.

Even when clicking on 'Check', it seems that no check is done about quantities...

(You can have a look at attached document for a better understanding)

Is it an error ?

Can we implement any customizing to activate a quantity check ?

Is there any OSS note ? (I did not find any... )

Thanks for your help !

Pippa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge, its standard design where the check button in the pop up is just doing the purpose of pressing "Enter" button. No quantity check is carried out at this stage. Quantity check occurs once you adopt the quantity in the pop up.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you AKPT.

I had the feeling that nothing was checked indeed.

However, even when clicking on "Adopt" button, no quantity check is done. Unluckily...

Pippa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP would check the quantity if it had anything to check against, but you used movement type 501 which is an unplanned receipt, so there is no PO quantity to compare with the receipt quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so you mean that quantity to check is not the one entried in the item, but the one in the PO.

I understand now

Thank you for this explanation Jürgen !

Pippa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, that was not what I meant to say.

I meant the quantity check that is done in MIGO is between MIGO and the referenced document, e.g. the PO.

You did not reference anything, hence you cannot have any check.

Within MIGO there is no check between the original entered or proposed quantity and the entries made in distribute quantity.

this pop-up is just an entry aid, you can even get there without having entered anything before you click distribute quantity.

As you can see when you return from the Pop-up, you actually got several items with the same item number.

As always in SAP it is assumed that the most detailed information is the only source of truth.

It gives you the flexibility to switch into the distribute quantity mode without removing already made entries in the overview or detail screens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jürgen for this very complete answer

Answers (0)