Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to learn SAP PI 7.4 Single stack

adarshrao23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a beginner in SAP PI and started by journey with SAP PI 7.0. Now, we are upgrading it to SAP PI 7.4 single stack.

I want to learn it as much as possible before the migration but when I search for the topics in SCN, I am getting confused with the different topics and its naming conventions explained. (For Eg PI and PO). So, will it possible for you experts to provide me the links which can actually help me to get the full depth knowledge on PI 7.4 (Single stack). Am just hoping to be a productive member of this SAP family:)

Regards,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

SAP Process Orchestration is the new name of SAP Process Integration (SAP PI). SAP changed the name with the release 7.3 to include the additional features of SAP NetWeaver Business Process Management (nBPM), Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX) and SAP NetWeaver Business Rules Management (BRM).

Source - Latest version is SAP PO 7.4  or SAP PI 7.4 (commonly known as of now). Good part is that PO 7.4 license includes BPM and BRM. Till PO 7.4 SAP still provides the dual stack (ABAP + JAVA) option to install. But going forward it would be single stack (JAVA) only i.e. only swing tool for ESR and ID or NWDS. no more transactions/tocde.

From a developer standpoint:

You got all adapter based on JAVA. IDOC and HTTP are now IDOC_AAE and HTTP_AAE, also proxy scenario can be done using SOAP adapter XI protocol and there is no ccBPM.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sachin

Till PO 7.4 SAP still provides the dual stack (ABAP + JAVA) 

Slight correction - the term PO automatically denotes that it is single stack as BRM and BPM is included and only available on single stack option.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

below links might interest you..

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

PI 7.4 is essential the same PI 7.31 with any improvements like the possibility of using SAP HANA.

PO is a product with NW BPM + PI + BRM.()

You can start checking these:

Features of PI 7.31 - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Pay attention that the single stack you have not ccBPM.

Regards.