cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS: Personal Profile upgrade from EhP6 to EhP7 issues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have just upgraded a sandbox system from EhP6 to EhP7, and we noticed that the Emergency Contact no longer functions the way it did.  Previously, we had hid numerous fields in config, which hid the fields on the WD screen.  With the upgrade, all the fields that were hidden have re-appeared.  In R/3, all the configurations still exist.  We also created an enhancement on the HRESS_CC_PER_DTL_FAMILY_CA config.

Anyone run into this issue?  Maybe my searches on SCN are not with the correct key words, but I haven't seen anyone that happens to have the same issue.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ImranSajid
Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Did you guys happen to make your changes directly to the SAP object or did you copy them to a custom version (Z*) and make your changes?

If you change SAP objects directly they can be wiped out with upgrades/support packs.

For the enhancement, if SAP changes a structure and your enhancement no longer works within the new structure then you may need to redo some of your work on that enhancement as well.

Thanks,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

We enhanced the standard SAP configuration.  The hope was that this would pick up any new changes from SAP.

What I will try is deleting the enhancement and starting from scratch.

Cheers,

Kevin

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Do you mean using the "Enhance" button in the standard configuration like this screenshot?

If so, I find it a little odd that your customization/enhancement got wiped out. It could be an issue with standard SAP not picking it up or something not copied over correctly etc. My recommendation would be that this time create a custom Z version instead of using the enhance functionality.

Hopefully, you just have a few changes like hiding fields and no major missing configuration.

Thanks,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Imran,

Yes, I actually looked at the enhancement that we had done closer, and it is being picked up.  So, the config that was done was in view V_T588MFPROPC on info type 0021.  It's the configuration in here that I believe is not being picked up.

Kevin

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Interesting, Sounds like a potential SAP issue. Let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Imran,

So this is what I have figured out.  The method READ_METADATA_BY_STRUCTDESCR for class CL_HRPA_INFTY_NNNN has been rewritten between EhP6 and 7.  I'm not sure why it was rewritten, but I think there might be an issue with the buffering in our EhP7.  I'm going to get it looked at tomorrow.

Cheers,

Kevin

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

That is quite interesting. How did you determine that was changed and might be the cause? Did you guys implement support packs along with your enhancement packs?

I did a quick comparison between an EHP6 system and EHP7 system and the source code looks the same to me for that Class and that Method. It could also be that the EHP7 system I was looking at did not have the business function that changes this code activated yet or something, but I would think this type of logic would be change more with a support pack (Fixes to existing functionality) then an enhancement pack (New functionality) considering it is Generic Infotype logic. Did you activate some new business functions with your EHP7 upgrade to roll out new functionality (HR Renewal/Fiori)?

Not sure why SAP would redesign this particular logic with new functionality unless it was needed for new functionality that was rolled out between EHP6 & EHP7. I could be wrong, and it could be something that was necessary for HR Renewal for the UI5 (Wild guess there) or something and that could be why it was changed.

Thanks,

Imran

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was curious so I looked a little further and did a search for OSS Note's and found Note 2075100 that actually changed this object and likely not an enhancement pack.
I do not have this note implemented in the EHP7 system I was looking at and I am thinking this note was implemented in your system somewhat recently and what you are seeing is a side effect of this note? I see that it mentions "The correction provided by this SAP Note ensures that the field properties defined in table T588MFPROPS or T588MFPROPC are buffered and reused within the application".

Take a look at OSS Note 2089192 - Field property control using T588MFPROPC does not work correctly. This might resolve your issue.

Also, there is another informational note of interest --> OSS Note 2101796 - Field properties are not affected by T588MFPROPC customizing which mentions "There was a third possible cause affecting fields which attributes are not fixed/predefined by standard. The customer settings were ignored in these cases as there was an error in the code caused by note 2075100. This was resolved by note 2089192."

Thanks,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Imran,

I just did some debugging and when it got to this point, I had noticed that the methods were no longer the same. I would have to ask Basis if there was new functionality activated.  I'm sure there was with HR Renewal 2.0 in the mix.

I also looked at both those notes, and they are both implemented in our system.  We are at SAPK-60811INSAPHRRXX, and the notes apply to 60807 and 60808.  So, there has to be something else that is being missed.  With note 2101796, none of the fields in view V_T588MFPROPS are set to fixed.  From what I can tell, SAP missed the boat somewhere else.

Cheers,

Kevin

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Darn, sounds like you will need to open a note with SAP. I did see in the previous note that there was a few references to HR Renewal as keywords so my guess is that SAP did make this change due to being needed in some part by HR Renewal functionality. So I guess my wild guess was not too far off

I hope they can get it resolved quickly for you. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Imran

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

we ll follow up on your OSS message, there might be a limitation with new code? Please note From KBA 2101796 you can see that the customer settings will be ignored if the standard settings for the corresponding field are fixed (either by V_T588MFPROPS or by the infotype conversion class)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I saw that.  But none of the fields for info type 21 that we want to hide are fixed...

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

so SAP resolved this issue by note 2089192, Imran has correctly suggested that, I m surprised it didnt resolve the issue, You said you are on SP11, as this note came in SP9, Can you confirm if the note correction instrcutions are there in system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Code is there.  I had downloaded the note earlier and it states that it cannot be implemented, which makes sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Imran,

SAP released a second version of note 2089192 today.  We have implemented the new version and everything looks good now.

Cheers,

Kevin

Answers (0)