cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing Component Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5 and I have activated now the PLM Business functions in our system. Currently we have BOM with usage 3 and Routing in the discrete industry.

Our requirement is to assign the component in routing to the operation without creating any  Z developments, Is the PLM 7.0 will be useful to allocate the components in the routing.

If yes which Business functions I can use to do this, what are the settings I need to make.

As I there is a business functions available for receipe but not for routing.

Thanks & regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

2 ways:

1. it is possible with RCA (Planning Scope):

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/90/6cd459cab6477d81ac8ba9af946acb/content.htm?current...

You can create the BOM and the routing component allocations with the Planning Scope together.

2. it is possible with Visual Enterprise Manufacturing Planner:

https://help.sap.com/ve-planner

Manufacturing Planning with SAP 3D Visual Enterprise - YouTube

Best regards

Tamas

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the options Tamas describes require usage of SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer, so availability of related neutral .rh files of the product to be assembled. Not sure if this is granted for you Satish.

Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

Thanks for your reply., It is helpful link, Currently I don't need any visual viewer, Also I don't need any product development procedure in the BOM, becuase currently every thing is done outside of SAP system but in future the client may require.

Also we dont have any engineering BOM we have BOM with usage 3 which will be already created by using upload program to start we need to the component assignment with user friendly screen as mentioned in the Routing assignment.

Can I use this PLM-WUI-APP-RTG  option to do the component assignment.

If yes, please let me know do I need to activate the GSS and what are the basic settings I need to carry.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ulf,

Thanks for your reply.

No we don't use 3D visual effect also I don't need any viewer currently.

This is simple as like doing the component allocation manually in CA02 but with this user friendly screen.

So it is possible to do?

Thanks & regards,

Satish

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I said - you have only the SAP GUI options or the visually driven ones Tamas indicated.

Ulf.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

component allocation to routings is not available in the PLM Web UI. You can do this either in the Engineering Workbench (transaction CEWB), or in routing maintenance:

Maintaining Material Components - Routings (PP-BD-RTG) - SAP Library

Ulf.