cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add multiple iviews to a portal page and trigger the ivews when the user clicks on them?

dsubhash567
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement where a page consists of multiple iviews and these iviews should be triggered on user action. As of now I added 2 iviews to the page. When I click on preview, the first iview is getting triggered automatically. Is there any advanced option in the page where we can trigger it only when a user clicks it?

I am new to portal development and any advice will be very helpful!

Thank you,

Subhash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

You need to create hierarchy of your contents according to your needs.

Create a Portal role and decide to make it as entry point.
Assign this role to the user.

Create a Workset or Page or Folder inside the role – use Role editor.

You can create a folder under the role and put your iViews in to the folder.

In case the role is an entry point it will be shown in TLN (Top Level Navigation panel) first level and the folder will be in the second level.

The first iView in the folder will be triggered automatically , but you can create another folder or any other container object like Workset or Page and it will be shown first.

So the iViews inside it will be shown in DTN – (Detailed Navigation panel ) and will be shown only after click on it.

But why you decided to use WIN GUI instead WEB GUI ? You can have all your iViews in the same page the same time.

Best regards,
Roman.

dsubhash567
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thank you for the reply. Our client requirement is that the pop up should be WIN GUI.

This is how I managed to do this.

I have created a HTML page with the URL's and added this HTML to KM repository. I am displaying this HTML page on the KM Document View template. Now the user can click on the link and navigate.

Thanks,

Subhash.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhash, triggered to do what on what user action?

cheers

dsubhash567
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

I created both the iview's for a transaction code(s). When the user navigates to the iview on the page and clicks it, then the transaction has to trigger. I have configured the iview to open as SAP GUI for windows.

Thanks,

Subhash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

sorry, still dont get you properly. Generally runtime behaviour of transactions is controlled by appropriate backend applications.

regards