cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SP2 for Crystal Reports XI R2 fails with registry error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a legacy .net 2.0 application that uses Crystal Reports XI R2 with SP1.  I need to make some small code changes but currently our app fails at the point where Crystal Reports is being used.  I have Windows 7 OS and read somewhere that Crystal Reports XI R2 will only run on Windows 7 if SP6 is applied.  When I try to apply SP4 incremental version I get a message saying that I need to install SP2 first.  When I try to install SP2, I get an error "Failed to read/update the registry for the Business Objects CRXI Service Pack - 199".  I've seen many posts online with people complaining of getting this error message but not one of these places mentioned what the fix for this is.  I am in the administrator's group on my local machine so I doubt this is a permissions issue.  I would really appreciate any help with this since right now I'm not able to proceed with the code changes.

thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beata

Please see this blog:

In that blog, I provide the link t the full build of CR XI R2 SP 6.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Thank you for your information.  I don't see any link to full build of CR XI R2 SP6.  There is only a link to a full build of CR XI R2 SP4.  Should I try this one?  When I tried the SP4 incremental build I got a message that I need to install SP2 first.

thanks,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies Beata. It's a long time since I wrote that blog and you are correct. However, you should be able to uninstall your current version of CR (back up the keycode). Then download the full SP 4 build:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreports/crxir2_sp4_full_bld_0-20008684.exe

Install that. Then update that with SP 6 incremental. That should work fine.

Keeping my fingers crossed,

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Thank you so much.  I was able to install SP4 full and then SP6 incremental.

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to run the app successfully because I'm getting a Database Connector error but since these two might not be related, I'll mark this post as answered and create a new post for this.

thanks again,

Answers (0)