cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CrystalServer.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am now working on a project that embeds Crystal Report. I need to load "CrystalServer.dll" in my code. I have downloaded "Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0", however I did not this CrystalServer.dll inside.

Does anyone know how to get this dll file?

Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Why? CR for VS is unmanaged reports only, there is no connection to a BOE Server.

I assume you are upgrading from some really old version of Crystal Reports and runtime?

If so what version was you app built on?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply. You are right. I am indeed upgrading from a very old version of CR and runtime. I can not find what version of the CR it uses, however I see following source code.

static {

try {

System.loadLibrary("CrystalServer");

}catch(...){...}

}

native static protected int PEStartEngine();

native static protected int PECloseEngine();

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above code was written some years ago. Right now I need to find this CrystalServer.dll otherwise I have no way to make this code run.

How can I get this dll? Or what dll contains those two native methods?

Money is not a problem. My employer is quite willing to pay to purchase a license/ticket in order to use this CrystalServer.dll.

I only have one question that is - how to get this dll? I downloaded the CRS_2013_SP1_SERVER_COMP_WIN_64B_ however I did not find this dll inside.

Thanks so much.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is that this old (COM based) Print Engine SDK no longer exists, that's why you can find CrystalServer.dll.  So, unless you have the .dll available on a server somewhere, there's no way I know of to get an old copy of it.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Hi David,

OH WOW, you are using crpe32.dll. Unfortunately that report engine is no longer support nor are you licensed to be able to use it. We stopped supporting it in CR 9.

I don't know what that dll used to do.

I assume you are also using C++ so you can still use it but you have to use the only SDK now which is all .NET Assemblies.

Go here and in the Viewing section you can find the C++ samples to get you started:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

I search our source code, no such thing as that dll in our build process.

Can you explain in more details what your app did and the work flow it used and what that dll was for?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell. Your information is helpful to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don! Yeah, the code is pretty old. Developers who wrote this source code have already left. I got on board not long ago. For this Crystal Report module I think it is used to print reports from embedded systems like copiers and fax devices.

Thanks for the link. I go to read it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I downloaded a dev version of "Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0". In folder of "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86", I found a dll of "crpe32.dll". I think this is the dll that I was looking for.

Here is my question. How to find the class name and method prototypes in this crpe32.dll?

Thanks so much.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David

You are not licensed to use the crpe32.dll API calls. You also do not have the necessary header files. Like Don said, no way to update an app that used the crpe APIs. Your two options are the CR SDK for .NET or CR SDK for Java. Anything else will either not work, you will not be able to deploy the runtime or you will be breaking your license agreement.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)