Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal storage error while performing sync from device IPad in WM5.3

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have added work orders from device and performed sync from the device.But encountering an :Internal Storage" error and sync has been stopped.

I have encountered this error many times and have performed reset of the Application.Kindly suggest the reason why this error will be encountered.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

When I saw this error before, it was caused by a corruption on the actual database stored on the device. This was caused by an initial sync gone bad. During the initial sync when you download all the application and data, something went wrong on the communication (Wifi interrupt) or something else.

Try using your clear client option and re-download the application again. Make sure that the initial sync is solid. This is the golden rule of thumb. The first sync has to be a clean sync. (Like you didn't make your computer go to sleep while you are still waiting for your iPAD to finish synching on your initial sync or you start doing some other things in the background while your iPAD is synching or your iPAD went to sleep).

Make sure your Agentry IPAD client 7.0.6.2.4 is compatible with your Agentry Server or SMP 3.0 server. I am assuming you are using the same version that was released.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.I have encountered the error while adding data from the device.If i perform Clear User Data and re-sync the application, the locally added data would be removed from the device.

Please suggest how to resolve the error in this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi polu

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Another area we saw this occur are as follows (Agentry 7.0.2.X or 7.0.3.X):

1. The user tried cloning or commissioning an Agentry client using an MDM (Mobile Device Management) software (ex: Afaria) and use a zip file to install on the client.
  2. When this is done the Agentry.db almost doubled in size.

A good Agentry.db with the same data is 40% the size of the bad Agentry.db.

We tried suggesting to see if there is something wrong with the commissioning and try a re-install of the Agentry client software instead. There must be an incompatible Agentry.db between the server and the client.

Do you have a clear reproduction step on how to really get it? This is the only way it can get fix.

Was there any lead from the logs on the type of transaction you are doing? Was it an attach document or something else?

Regards,

Mark Pe

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. I am not attaching any document but only updating work order details from iPad. While performing sync from the device internal storage error has been encountered.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Can you duplicate this on the fly all the time? If you can give me a direct reproduction step that is reproducible from scratch then we can help you out (right away).

Let me know if you can share the exact replication step from the beginning. If you cannot reproduce on the fly (all the time) and do not have an exact reproduction step in your environment then it will not be easy to resolve.  But if you do we are in business.

A corrupted agentry.db is in a state that is too late in the process to resolve. We need the steps to get in this state. This is also true with Daniel's comment. If you know the repro steps let me know.

Regards,

Mark Pe

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.Currently there are no steps to re-produce the issue.I will post the detailed steps later.By considering the above "Agentry.db" corruption, as a work around solution i have reset the Agentry client.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Thanks. If you do update this thread - I will personally get an email that the thread was updated. All other customers who have seen the same issue should try to help to get the repro steps so we in the SAP Labs for Agentry (and the support team) can assist immediately.

Please also specify your Agentry or SMP 3.0 version as the releases to SMP 3.0 is strictly controlled (with time) and if the fix needs to go in we need to get it in before the code is frozen for release. If you are using Agentry 6.0.X and earlier, it is suggested you do the upgrade to SMP 3.0 (Agentry 7.X) soon.

Regards,

Mark Pe

former_member220966
Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,

I saw this error once last week.

SMP 3.0 SP07

iOS client using SMP SDK SP06 PL02(Agentry version 70.6.0.2)

The end user claimed to perform a delta sync that morning in the yard and did not do anything with the device. He reports seeing the "Inactive timeout" error that is configured in the Agentry Editor.

He did not touch his device the whole day, came back to the yard to finish his work for the day and then saw this error. I had to reset his client to get this to work. I tried to reproduce this on my device but was not able to do so.

Just wanted to update this thread with our results. Have any other customers reported the same issue?

Regards,

Abhinav

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we also had this error.

We use SMP3 SP9 , SMP SDK10 WM6.2

We cannot give more info about the exact scenario, we'll update this when we have more info.

rg

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ray_isada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi -

What iOS version are you running? Can you reproduce the issue on demand? If so, what are the steps? Additionally, have you tried testing on the latest version of WM to verify whether the issue persists based on your scenario/s?

Thanks,

Ray

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The iOS Version I am using is 8.1.2.I have tested in Agentry Client Version 7.0.6.2.4.I cannot predict exactly when the issue is encountering. But while performing sync from the device "Internal Storage" error has been encountered some times.

Kindly Suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we observed that this error occurs when the device is connected via USB and files are downloaded to the device within agentry.

Regards, Daniel